No announcement yet.

Lubbock and Mahomes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m probably worse - I just claim him as a Texan, born and raised. Nowhere near the same areas, lol.

Great kid coming up - loved watching him in College. Think he has more physical talent than any QB I have ever seen. Proud he’s a Texan.

Comment

Lubbock and Mahomes

You seem like a guy who worries way too much about what other folks think or do? Seems like an awful petty thing to get worked up about so I think it’s just you. Or were you a star quarterback at Coronado that’s not getting any love?[emoji15][emoji12][emoji23]

Mahomes beat Texas once. That’s enough to get him legend status in Lubbock. As a Longhorn, I remember a buzz coming out of Tech when he was a QB drafted in the first round (10th overall), which doesn’t happen much in Lubbock. So...to say nobody gave a crap about him his rookie year is just not correct. There was considerable talk about him bumping Alex Smith out of the position here in DFW on the national networks just like there is any first round QB drafted in the NFL every year. I’m not even a Chiefs fan and I remember it. Maybe you didn’t give a crap about him and you are projecting your miss onto everybody else?...
      Last edited by Smart; 02-06-2021, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Dude, not sure what rock you have been under. He was talked about while at Tech and when he got drafted in the first round. Folks have been rooting for him for awhile. People love to cheer for good people and then if they have a tie to them it's just that much better.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

Two words...Johnny Football!!

Comment

I am not an NFL fan. As a Tech grad and a Texan I will pull for the guy and wish him the best for his entire career. Not a great deal of success stories out of Lubbock, so why not latch onto the opportunity.

Comment

I had a guy kiss my girlfriend in middle school (maybe 5th grade), and I feel the same hate and saltiness towards him, that you have for Patrick.

Comment

Beast texas baby! Lol

Comment

I’m not a Tech Fan, but I do wish him well this Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Who?

Comment

Do you take a lot of selfies?

Comment

Last time I was in Lubbock Tex was at the regional cross country meet in 1999.
                        My 13 and 9 yr old boys have NEVER been to Lubbock Tex
                        My father in law is a TT graduate and never misses a game (on TV)
                        My boys will have their Mahomes jerseys on tomorrow night rooting for their (Mahomey)

Should I tell them to cancel that because they don’t know him personally?

MARKETING works man - sometimes it works REALLY well, especially when you have an easily likeable personality tied to it.

Comment

I think it's what you do if your a fan of something. Hope this helps....

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            Buffoonery

Comment

If you're from Lubbock, and kind find anything to be excited about, just take it. You already have to live in Lubbock, no sense in making yourself suffer over anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                If you're from Lubbock, and kind find anything to be excited about, just take it. You already have to live in Lubbock, no sense in making yourself suffer over anything else.
                                ...said the guy from Porter Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X