No announcement yet.

What weapon for opener?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost always bow only. This year is a little different, and I don't have the confidence in bow from lack of practice.

So for me, it will either be the Browning A bolt 280 or the Browning X bolt 243. I think the 243 has the slight edge right now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      I'm almost always bow only. This year is a little different, and I don't have the confidence in bow from lack of practice.

So for me, it will either be the Browning A bolt 280 or the Browning X bolt 243. I think the 243 has the slight edge right now.

Yea, you need to keep that X bolt tuned up.... Emmett will be needin' that before you know it!!

Comment

I’m shooting all culls and management deer with my Winchester model 94E in .44mag and then my Texas Custom .308 will be tagging along.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Yea, you need to keep that X bolt tuned up.... Emmett will be needin' that before you know it!!
          Yes sir, that's right! I can't tell you how excited I am to have a little hunting buddy. I'll have to let him kill that first one with a Rem 700 222, the gun I used for my first. After that, the 243 is going to be perfect!

Comment

Remington 700 in 270WSM loaded with 110 grain Barnes .

Comment

BowTech Realm X in morning

Daughter shooting.233 wylde tomorrow evening

Comment

Ruger Redhawk .45 Colt. Probably not opener tho. I stay outta the woods on the opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  The opener was 5 weeks ago. Bowtech Reign 6.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  You tell ‘em BoB....this is TBH not TGH!

Comment

My Triax

Comment

Not bowhunting this year so I'll be hunting next weekend with my Mossberg 4X4 30-06.

Comment

Nail gun, cordless drill and a saw-zaw. I will hopefully be finishing building the deck this weekend. No hunting for me this weekend, possibly the whole season, not looking good for my hunting season.

Comment

.50 cal, aiming for a close miss

Comment

Had my pse decree with me opening day.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

Three more weeks of work, then I can hunt. Plannin on taking my Dad's Ruger M77 270 for the first deer. Either 308 or 260 or 300BO for anything after that. Kind of want to start a tradition with Dad's gun, then give it to my Grandson when he is older and more responsible.
                              Unfortunately I am new to bows, and I don't feel confident enough yet, so it will most likely wait till later this year, or next year.

Comment

Stronger vanquish. 62#s, RAGE hypo's

Comment

Working...
                                X