Limestone county

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limestone county

How many on here hunt Limestone county? Was wondering what you have been seeing deer wise on pics or other? Anyone had any luck during bow season? Im headed back down again this weekend to make sure everything is good to go for opening weekend of rifle.

I do. We are overrun with hogs right now. I've only seen some 6 pts. and does at the feeders. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been there so hopefully the rain moved some hogs out.

Comment

I dont hunt it but have property on the lake. Ive seen some decent bucks both coming and going and on the lake

Comment

We are always overrun with pigs as well. I shot 15 last year while deer hunting. Went up last weekend and saw a nice 8pt 18" and of course pigs. Gonna try and thin a few out this weekend

Comment

I hunt in Limestone county between Groesbeck and Buffalo. I have only laid eyes on 1 doe and a fawn so far. We have plenty of pictures of pigs every night with hardly any of deer. I have only missed 1 weekend this bow season and I'm starting to get bummed on the lack of deer sightings/pictures. We are heading up this weekend but not very hopeful with the full moon though.

Anybody starting to see any signs of the rut?

Comment

Originally posted by AggieSportsman View Post
            I hunt in Limestone county between Groesbeck and Buffalo. I have only laid eyes on 1 doe and a fawn so far. We have plenty of pictures of pigs every night with hardly any of deer. I have only missed 1 weekend this bow season and I'm starting to get bummed on the lack of deer sightings/pictures. We are heading up this weekend but not very hopeful with the full moon though.

Anybody starting to see any signs of the rut?
            Where are you hunting? Only reason I ask is because I grew up and groesbeck and lived about 8 miles east of groesbeck on 164 between groesbeck and Buffalo. Not a lot of deer in that area.....

Comment

We have had good luck this year on our place west of Groesbeck (2489). Have been seeing our resident doe, and noticed spike in buck numbers. This year Brother shot 13point (160) weighed in at 195. We are still chasing 9 point that should touch 140.
              KAP count to 4 , yote count to 3.

Comment

Put up exlusion/feeder pens around your feeders. You will be amazed how many deer will come once the pigs are kept out.

Comment

There has been a spike in buck #'s with the antler restrictions, but will agree with aggiesportsman lot more pigs than deer unfortunately...

Comment

We have a couple of hundred acres in the Prairie Hill area and hadn't seen hardly any deer at all. We do have a very healthy pig herd.

Comment

The only deer I’ve ever seen in that county were raised behind a high fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigpiggy View Post
                        The only deer I’ve ever seen in that county were raised behind a high fence.

No deer in limestone....look elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No backstrap to be seen here. Only bacon.....lots and lots of bacon ��

Comment

Originally posted by PSEwacker22 View Post
                            We have had good luck this year on our place west of Groesbeck (2489). Have been seeing our resident doe, and noticed spike in buck numbers. This year Brother shot 13point (160) weighed in at 195. We are still chasing 9 point that should touch 140.
                            KAP count to 4 , yote count to 3.
                            I’d love to see pics of the 160” 13pt

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
                              I’d love to see pics of the 160” 13pt
                              same

Comment

Working...
                              X