No announcement yet.

2018 Dallas Cowboys season thread....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked like a completely different offense from last week. Maybe it was not playing them in the preseason! The D is for real. Hopefully the offense keeps getting better.

Comment

I’m not getting the ‘it looked like a completely different offense than last week’ comments. No, it really didn’t although you gotta give Dak all the credit for that last 80 yard drive to put the game away. There’s got to be more offensive production unless this defense is the ‘85 Bears. then we may be able to get away with what they’re producing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That defense is legit and is only going to get better with other players and more experience, the offense will get better as well, not sure if it will get good enough to contend for the division title but a wildcard could come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          Something still doesn't look right with Dak. That looked like a bunch of timing routes they were hitting last night, and they all looked like he was a half tick late, and having to throw bullets in there that baaarely beat defenders. Nitpicking probably, but several of those throws looked on the verge of disaster. The one where he missed Gathers was just awful...that kind of thing will cost you games against real football teams.

It's progress though, I'll take it. Garrett still sucks.
          Yea that Rico over throw in the endzone had me scratching my head too! His defender fell down and all Dak had to do was hit him with the ball. Maybe he saw that and rushed the throw? Who knows, but they don't get any easier that that one he missed!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Did he miss Gathers or did Gathers just run a ****ty half-assed route? We’ll never know but Gathers looked kinda clunky in his route like he wasn’t going full speed. I said the same as you at first and then watching the replay I was like maybe that was Gathers.
            Looking at the replay i would say he missed him with an over throw. He didn't have much more room in the back of the endzone!

Comment

Both my teams got a win. Unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                Looking at the replay i would say he missed him with an over throw. He didn't have much more room in the back of the endzone!

To each their own but the replay I saw had Rico 7-8 yards from the rear corner pylon angling that way on his cut when the ball was thrown in front of him. Looked like to me Dak was expecting him to be a little further into his route and he wasn't. IIRC, it looked like the DB that stumbled slowed Rico down a bit.

That being said it is no secret Dak needs to improve his accuracy and Rico needs to improve his route running.....so it can be construed either way....which I why I said, we'll never know the real truth.

Comment

Sooner we lose - sooner we can move on to a real franchise QB

Comment

Vikings sign dan bailey

Comment

They looked pretty good yesterday.

Saw something to this effect on the book of faces that made me giggle...

"mamma say's we can't watch any of the Cowboys Superbowls cause we don't have a VCR player."

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                        Vikings sign dan bailey
                        Nobody saw that coming!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          To each their own but the replay I saw had Rico 7-8 yards from the rear corner pylon angling that way on his cut when the ball was thrown in front of him. Looked like to me Dak was expecting him to be a little further into his route and he wasn't. IIRC, it looked like the DB that stumbled slowed Rico down a bit.

That being said it is no secret Dak needs to improve his accuracy and Rico needs to improve his route running.....so it can be construed either way....which I why I said, we'll never know the real truth.
                          Thats true.
                          Its hard to believe Rico hasn't played high school or college football and is out there running around in the NFL! Trying to replace JW. I guess Jerry's trying to save some money at that position too!

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                            Sooner we lose - sooner we can move on to a real franchise QB
                            and coach

Comment

Figured Jerry would pick up Gordon but the pats got him it looks like

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
                                Figured Jerry would pick up Gordon but the pats got him it looks like
                                Thank the lord.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X