No announcement yet.

Krivoman Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine has been okay, but I put a floor in and it has been wet and stayed wet inside for over a year. Never seems to dry out and that's with the vent opened.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
      Good price for a blind that will likely last a lifetime.
      not saying its not nice. most everything i've read on here is that the positives far outweigh the few negatives. i just missed this one thing.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        If you look closely you can see the silicone bead I added around the window frame. It does not leak at all even in heavy rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        There are deluxe models that have different windows?
        I don’t see that as an option on the website?

Also on the floors if it comes with a floor on the tower what type of foor is it?
        Is it plywood that’s fixed already to the hull or is the floor metal mesh that is part of the tower?

Comment

Here's mine, I just used 2 stall mats and screwed the blind down to them. Working great so far.
          Attached Files

Comment

I put mine on a 5' tall 8'x8' wood tower. I'll see if I have a pic on this PC.

Comment

Like a lot of people have done, I put mine on a short (48") platform. The blind is screwed down on rubber stall mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here’s mine on an 8x8 platform. Only complaint is the window leaks where it sits against the frame. I’ll have to get pics next time I go to the lease. Other than that I love this thing!! Killed my biggest buck out of it at 25 yards on Saturday.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Are the windows leaking? Run a bead of silicone around the outside of the window frame. The inside walls will “sweat” quite a bit in certain weather conditions if you don’t leave the vent open
                  Gonna give this a try.. Thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by 325to1195 View Post
                    Mine has been okay, but I put a floor in and it has been wet and stayed wet inside for over a year. Never seems to dry out and that's with the vent opened.
                    So did you try calking the windows like suggested?

Comment

I flipped two of the windows upside down. That way two windows are for archery or short archers

Comment

I've hunted mine in the rain and had no leaks. I have had condensation when not vented. I don't have mine on a platform or with a floor (and prefer it that way).
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

I have four of them. They are great.

They don't come with a floor. It is easy to build a platform for them and elevate them. Just build the platform 8x8 and it fits great with a little extra over hang. 8x8 means minimal cuts.

Go with the 4 window model. It is the best for bowhunting IMO.

Get the vent.

Run a silicone bead around the windows.

Skip on paying for the bow hanger. IMO it comes on the wrong side for a right handed archer and the design of the hanger makes it too hard to get the bow off the hook without banging the top of the blind. You can get a better hanger and install it yourself.

It gets hot in the blind. Get you a little battery operated fan. The Ryobi ones are cheap. I got the DeWalt since my power tools are DeWalt and I already had batteries for it.

So buy the blind with 4 windows + vent, no hanger. Build a 8x8 platform for it. Silicone your windows. Throw a horse stall mat in it and install a bow hanger and you're all set.

Comment

On the floor for those that got it with a platform what does it look like?
                            It was said it comes with a floor. Is the floor on the blind or is it part of the tower

I like the ideas of the stall mats. Good way to keep it quiet.

Comment

the maverick floor base works great as well. you bolt it together so it makes it easier if you ever have to move the blind and since it is round and the same size as the blind you can tuck it in the brush a little better. You just have to add the plywood.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                                On the floor for those that got it with a platform what does it look like?
                                It was said it comes with a floor. Is the floor on the blind or is it part of the tower

I like the ideas of the stall mats. Good way to keep it quiet.
                                If you buy a stand from Mitch it has a wood floor that is mounted to the base. He paints the top of the wood with bedliner. All you do is set the blind on top and screw it down. I put fieldturf in mine. I use stall mats when i put the blinds on the ground. The Krivoman platform is built well.

Comment

Working...
                                X