No announcement yet.

Cuddeback Cuddelink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y’all got me fired up about this again. I just ordered one of the home units. I will get it up and running this weekend and report back

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
      Y’all got me fired up about this again. I just ordered one of the home units. I will get it up and running this weekend and report back
      Lol!! You can’t help but appreciate the technology! I’m on the waiting list for the Cell home unit.

As far as the possibility of missing pictures, I guess I may be the minority in that I’m not that worried about it. I’ve got these set up at feed stations. I don’t think it’s going to miss a deer completely at the feeder. May not catch all the photos, but it will give me a good idea at what’s around. I’ve got some other cams set up on trails where I will actually be hunting.

Next time out I will be placing another cam side by side just for comparison sake and see if I’m really missing anything important.

Comment

I’m lucky, the home unit will be right off my porch so I don’t need the cellular piece. Interested to see if I can tie it to my WiFi

Comment

Cuddeback never misses an opportunity to disappoint. Got my home station in today, rushed home to redeploy all my cuddelink cameras. Got the home station out of the box and it takes freakin D batteries. I haven’t seen that in a camera in years. Other cudde’s take As( like every other camera on the market). This one, nope we need to be different. Well guess I will get them out tomorrow.

Comment

Any updates on this? Thinking about trying them.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
              Any updates on this? Thinking about trying them.

So far so good with my Cuddelink Cell Home.

One thing I have learned with the system. The lower your link level with each camera, the more strain on the batteries it is. I had one set up right on the brink of having too low of a signal and right at about 2 months, it needed new batteries. However, my other ones that have really good link levels are still going strong and haven’t had to change batteries.

It’s nice having pictures from 4 cameras sent on one cell plan. I do believe I will be buying a couple more to expand.

As Gmac stated, the home cameras do take D batteries. It’s not a problem for me. I generally open thing up and look at them before deploying to the field

The home cams take the brunt of work, so I can see D batteries helping the system last longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does cuddelink use att network? Thanks for info!

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                  Does cuddelink use att network? Thanks for info!
                  Verizon

Comment

do they have an external dc input and what about a direct connection through wifi. I'm having an internet line run from the county rd next month.

Comment

What kind of plan through verizon is used? How much does it cost per month and etc?

Comment

The other major issue this causes is these cameras will not mount on a T-Mate. These cameras come with their own mounting bracket that you attach to the tree or post first then just slip the camera on it (2nd picture). In hand this bracket feels cheap and not durable, but I have been rough with it so far and it has held up, will have to keep an eye on this.
                        I think they will mount to a T-Mate but I haven't actually put my hands on one to say for sure.

My best guess looking at the picture you shared that threaded insert at the back should be 1/4-20tpi You may just need to invert the T-Mate and leave the bracket off and simply bolt it on.

I will see about picking one up for testing (unless someone around Mansfield has one I can look at)

Comment

got a Cuddeback Black Flash and it seems to do very well in daylight and low light but night pics are something to be desired, just get enough flash for close pics (20 ft. or less.?)
                          How do I make that better?

Comment

I keep running into the problem of them missing pictures. They take half as many pictures as a standard camera. I can’t get over that

Comment

Half of the Pictures

I keep running into the problem of them missing pictures. They take half as many pictures as a standard camera. I can’t get over that
                              Which camera are you running? I am getting ready to invest in this and want to stay away from the model you are running for sure. Thinking about the J-1415 right now. Thanks

Comment

Not sure if the model number but they are the cuddelink long range IR cameras

Comment

Working...
                                X