Canton Trades days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canton Trades days

Taking the wife this weekend to Canton for trade days.
    Any must see places or good places to eat there?

I know On Target Archery is nearby. We just grabbed dinner at Dairy Palace(big spender). Was pretty good. Bring your walkin shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
      I know On Target Archery is nearby. We just grabbed dinner at Dairy Palace(big spender). Was pretty good. Bring your walkin shoes.

We are renting carts

Comment

Hard to explain but someone can guide you. There is a place that has Angus Steak Wraps and Angus Nachos! To me it's by far the best food out of the whole place! Location is in the outside edge on the first row just below the Antique Pavilion. I will be there tomorrow and will post name of place and better location idea. You won't be disappointed!

As for must see places. Just walk slow and enjoy all the grounds! I'm more of a old stuff guy and stay in the outside "junk" area. Others love the Arbors full of overpriced items. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyneutrontx View Post
          We are renting carts

Good plan. I think I walked 7 miles last trip. In August. [emoji15]

Comment

If you get a chance, they shoot 3d at On Target Archery every Saturday. Great group of guys that work there. And as for food in Canton, Dairy Palace is just ok. To me its over priced and not as good as Whataburger.

Comment

We used to eat at the Mexican place on the corner center of town Ro---- something. But the quality has seemed to go down hill so we went to Chilli's.

I hang out in the back were the junk is.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                Hard to explain but someone can guide you. There is a place that has Angus Steak Wraps and Angus Nachos! To me it's by far the best food out of the whole place! Location is in the outside edge on the first row just below the Antique Pavilion. I will be there tomorrow and will post name of place and better location idea. You won't be disappointed!

As for must see places. Just walk slow and enjoy all the grounds! I'm more of a old stuff guy and stay in the outside "junk" area. Others love the Arbors full of overpriced items. Have fun!
                The place with the angus is great. AND go to the other side of the creek where all the old junk stuff is. It's the best.

Comment

Go by the gourmet taste of Texas booth

Some of the best soup mixes around

Comment

Originally posted by M.E.B. View Post
                    We used to eat at the Mexican place on the corner center of town Ro---- something. But the quality has seemed to go down hill so we went to Chilli's.

I hang out in the back were the junk is.
                    Robles is the name. They moved across the road . Canton has a JalapeƱo Tree restaurant now on the north side of I20 just west of hyw 19.

Comment

Street taco stand on hwy 17 north of the main complex is good too. I avoid that whole place if I can though

Comment

Got my American Bulldog pup there last month. Headed out there this weekend to pick up the mantle we had done. We ate at the Mexican place mentioned, and it was halfway decent.

If yall figure out the name of that Angus place, I'd be interested.

Comment

If you want mexican food, go to Ochoas. Its downtown.

Comment

Originally posted by phibob808 View Post
                            If you want mexican food, go to Ochoas. Its downtown.
                            X 10,000.

Ochoa's muy mucho > Robles.

We've been going to a decent little steak place on 243 called Easley's (Go south on 19 from First Monday to the light where the F4 Phantom jet is on display and make a right - everything there is butchered by the family that owns the place and the help is always friendly.
                            Last edited by JP135; 03-03-2016, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                              X 10,000.

Ochoa's muy mucho > Robles
                              My fault, this is the one we went to ...

Comment

Working...
                              X