New saddle hunting company...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you haven’t heard of saddle hunting, you should check it out. Lighter than stands, more comfortable than stands, more versatile than stands... I won’t try to convince you further, just check out saddlehunter.com for info. But, if you have already looked into saddlehunting and decided it wasn’t for you because it required too much diy (not enough tailored equipment manufactured) you are in for a treat. Several of the guys on saddlehunter.com started a business that launches their first 2 products on June 1st. They are launching with a saddle and a platform.

They have just started releasing sneak peak videos of their core system and accessories.

Some more general videos on saddlehunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IkemanTX; 05-24-2018, 07:51 PM.

Btw, I am not affiliated with them... (though I wouldn’t mind being on the prostaff if they ever have one... #tethrdnation) I just personally met the guys once last winter, months before they announced the company. But, we’ve all been bouncing diy ideas off each other for a few years over on saddlehunter.com and I just love to show new guys how much more comfortable/easy saddles are compared to even lone wolf or xop stands. If you hunt mobile, or would like to.... seriously consider checking out the forum. Heck diy a few setups before you decide to drop the coin on a manufactured system, most of us on the forum did.

But, if you want to try an off the shelf, ready to go, light as heck, cheaper than any box blind option for hunting from trees.... check out tethrd when they launch June 1st.

Comment

Tagged so I can watch the videos later. I’m debating between a new hang on and a saddle at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
        Tagged so I can watch the videos later. I’m debating between a new hang on and a saddle at the moment.

Having not used my lone wolf assault in 2 years..... I recommend the saddle. It is a LOT less bulk, and can be as light as 14-15 ounces. I can roll my homemade saddle up and put it in my small “5.11 rush 12” pack with room for water, snacks, and a couple trail cameras. You will already be carrying a climbing method regardless, so that piece is a wash as far as weight/bulk is concerned.

Several guys wear their saddle in instead of carry it, and run without a pack.
        This is so shows @bordeauxboswell on saddlehunter with his entire setup. Sticks are assumed to be under him on the tree, his saddle is on him, he is “standing on his platform”, and his bow is attached.

This system is worlds less bulky than a hang on.

Comment

That looks terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
            That looks terrible.

It’s definitely not for guys that like office chairs more than tucking in close to buck bedding.

It is actually more comfortable than a stand if you have any kind of back problems. I can’t stand a lock on, it kills my back. The saddle let’s me sit 7-8 hours in the same tree when 3-4 was a deal breaker in a lone wolf or XOP.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
              It’s definitely not for guys that like office chairs

more than tucking in close to buck bedding.

It is actually more comfortable than a stand if you have any kind of back problems. I can’t stand a lock on, it kills my back. The saddle let’s me sit 7-8 hours in the same tree when 3-4 was a deal breaker in a lone wolf or XOP.

In all seriousness, does anyone use traditional equipment out of one of these?

Comment

So I have had major trouble with a saddle squishing my hips too tightly together.
                When I built one out of plywood that would not squish against me it was very comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                  In all seriousness, does anyone use traditional equipment out of one of these?

Yes. Absolutely.
                  In fact, I believe the last video in the post above is a hunt a guy on the site did with a homemade longbow.

Last edited by IkemanTX; 05-25-2018, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                    So I have had major trouble with a saddle squishing my hips too tightly together.

When I built one out of plywood that would not squish against me it was very comfortable

That is often caused by your tether being attached to the tree too high, adjusting your tie in point lower and playing with bridge length will eliminate hip pinch.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                      That is often caused by your tether being attached to the tree too high, adjusting your tie in point lower and playing with bridge length will eliminate hip pinch.

If you get it to low the odds of flipping go up

Comment

Both look nice, I guess a new saddle and platform are in my future!

I wonder if they will do some tree steps or sticks as well. I love the Stepp steps I use.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                          If you get it to low the odds of flipping go up

I don’t think I have ever heard of any of the guys flipping overnight a true saddle.... except when G2Outdoors did it on purpose to prove the saddle would hold you.

I run a very low tether with a very short bridge because I primarily lean rather than sit. My tether is about nose level.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                            Both look nice, I guess a new saddle and platform are in my future!

I wonder if they will do some tree steps or sticks as well. I love the Stepp steps I use.

They’re pretty hush hush about future products, but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they come out with a 2-step, 24” climbing stick like the DIY sportsman put together. (Since he is involved with the company)

Comment

An overview video of the saddle posted since I started the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X