Trump and veterans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump and veterans

What do yall think about trump forgiving veteran education debt?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

It was already in place prior to trump. All the veteran had to do was apply or it.

Trump's action cut the need to apply and then states that they dont pay tax on the forgiven debt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok

Comment

How bout a 25% pay raise

Comment

I think its an excellent idea

Comment

Comment

It looks like I'll go ahead and finish my PhD

Comment

Is there a minimum service term to recieve all the benefits?

Comment

Is it all veteran education debt or disabled veteran education debt?

Comment

As much free stuff that is given to illegals and deadbeats I have no problem with giving a veteran a hand up

Comment

It’s really not a huge cut because veterans already have loads of benefits for college. Like myself between hazelwood and GI BILL and some grants my degreees haven’t cost me one cent out of my pocket.
                      So guys who didn’t deploy or spent their time on the reserve side who don’t have a GI Bill who had to take loans and things out that’s good for them but there is probably not as many of them as those others.
                      It’s a great thing either way, plenty of deadbeat and leaches in society killing it for us so it’s good to see something good for a change

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                        It was already in place prior to trump. All the veteran had to do was apply or it.

Trump's action cut the need to apply and then states that they dont pay tax on the forgiven debt

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                        ^^ This. From what I understand the paperwork to apply was quite onerous. I also thought it was a special forgiveness for disabled vets, but I can't say for certain.

So I guess you could say Trump reduced the federal paperwork requirements.

Comment

It was for disabled veterans, not all veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter_2 View Post
                            It was for disabled veterans, not all veterans.
                            I'm wondering how much disabled? Seems to be pretty easy to get a disabled classification these days. I work with several disabled vets who run triathlons, ski blacks and power lift..
                            I cant figure out what their disabilities are.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              I'm wondering how much disabled? Seems to be pretty easy to get a disabled classification these days. I work with several disabled vets who run triathlons, ski blacks and power lift..

I cant figure out what their disabilities are.
                              People and the state call it disabled, but the VA calls it compensation and pension. If a soldier has PTSD he doesn't have a physical disability, but may have trouble holding a job, ptsd is horrible

Comment

Working...
                              X