Full size shower when resale a house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full size shower when resale a house

Question. Yes I have googled this but I can't get a clear answer. We have 2 bathrooms. One bathroom has a shower, sink, toilet.

It is a smaller shower but my question is if we were to go with a full size, tub length shower would it be considered a "full size bathroom"? I like showers as they are easier for me to get in and out of. Anyone really know?

Attached Files

Comment

It's not the size but number of components. All four of the sink, toilet, shower and tub make a full bath. You would still have a 3/4 bath as it is 3 of the 4 total. The larger shower would still add to resale vs. a small stall. Is this a master bath or shared for the house? If it's a master then it's not as big of a deal. I'd say if you have at least one tub in the house already do what you like best. Some people like a soaking tub. They definitely come into play with small children.

Comment

I wouldn’t change anything and I’d be calling that a full bathroom. A lot of houses these days don’t have tubs but instead walk in showers; I’ve never had a client say ‘No tub, this is a 3/4 bath and not full’. In fact, most people seem to not want tubs.

Comment

When I list a house on MLS, that would be considered a full bath. If it was without tub/shower, it would be 1/2 bath.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
            It's not the size but number of components. All four of the sink, toilet, shower and tub make a full bath. You would still have a 3/4 bath as it is 3 of the 4 total. The larger shower would still add to resale vs. a small stall. Is this a master bath or shared for the house? If it's a master then it's not as big of a deal. I'd say if you have at least one tub in the house already do what you like best. Some people like a soaking tub. They definitely come into play with small children.
            It is a master bath where only the shower, toilet and sink are. So I may just update and not expand as planned.

The hallway bathroom has a toilet, soaking tub with shower above and a sink. Thanks everyone for the replys. Appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X