Sportsmen's Devotional 10/18/2017 Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sportsmen's Devotional 10/18/2017 Wednesday

Today's Photograph . . . . His Plan For The Day . . . . . For Your Life . . . . . (Ruben C)

Bible Study Verse

Jeremiah 29:11
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
    (NIV)

Thoughts
    I tend to think that getting ready for the next big hunting trip is almost as fun as the hunting trip itself. I start making my checklist - checking my gear to make sure it is in optimal condition and practicing with my bow every chance I get.

However, when the big day comes around, something inevitably doesn't go as planned. You make it to your favorite spot only to realize you left the trigger for your bow at home. Your arrows still have their practice tips on them. It's pouring rain outside and the game just don't seem to be moving.

Just as things don't always go according to our plans in the field, things don't always go according to our plans in life. Jeremiah reminds us that our Lord, the Architect of everything, has His own plan for us. We have to be patient and obedient, and let Him be faithful to fulfill His plan.
    (Josh C)

Action Point
    Make it a part of your daily prayer time to ask God about His plan for the day, for your life. Ask Him to constantly reveal His plan to you, and be prepared for whatever He shows you. It may not match your own plans.

Be obedient, follow His direction, and He will bless you for it

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
    Don't neglect your gear. Each piece of gear serves a vital purpose in your pursuits in the field, woods or on the lake. Take time before each trip to check out your gear:

-Check the strings on your bow.
    -Fire a couple of rounds at a target with your rifle to make sure you're still on the mark.
    -Check the tent for any sign of wear that may be a problem.

Don't get mad at your gear when it fails you if you haven't taken the time to ensure it's still performing at its best.

Excellent read today Tim, thank you.

Comment

Verse 12...then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

Great Word Tim, knowing that we have a Father loves, care and that we have His ear is a great place of hope and peace.

God Bless you brother

Comment

Excellent post

Comment

thanks

Comment

Great advice, Tim!

Comment

Working...
            X