Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Badly Need Advice

Texan Pros,
    I just got stationed here from PA, and not all about lease hunting. Def used to hitting the state gamelands in PA and Ohio. So I thought I would head to Alabama Creek WMA and do a little scouting this weekend. Now I am stuck I hear, because that area will be closed.

What I am asking Texans is for some ideas of a place to hunt. I am looking to hunt close to Houston, within 2 1/2 hours or so, and I am not looking to lease. Just public hunting, and I am not afraid to hump miles to scout and get into racks. Getting married bow opener (**** wives will get you) so going to use this 1st Texan bow season for scouting for rifle with the new wife, and later bow seasons.

Any suggestions Texan Pros on where to go or any Texan hunting tips in general?

Check out the Sam Houston Area north of Houston. Lots of land. You should be able to find a spot there.

Good Luck

Comment

Buy the $48 public hunting permit. You will be sent a booklet showing all the public places to hunt. A lot of places outside of Houston. Or you can hunt the National Forest, if they aren't close too.

Comment

Yessir.....get the regular hunting license with the APH Type II also for an extra $48.
        With that purchase the TWPD will send you the booklets for available public lands around the Houston area. But also look ONLINE for available lands connected with the National Forest Servie, Army Corp of Engineers-Ft. Worth Division, Texas Forest Commission, but at the same time look here on the TBH and read reviews of the day leases available around the area.....oh yean........one more thing.......Welcome

Comment

There are lots public land to hunt. Sam Houston is covered with deer.

Comment

Hey Marine. What do you do in the Corps. You are lucky to be stationed in TX. I'm currently in Al Taqadum, but stationed at Camp Pendleton. I would love to get out of Cali and stay in TX. Enjoy the blessing.

Comment

Working...
            X