Sam Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam Houston

Gonna give it a try in the morning....Moon's not right but you take what you can get. Any one seeing rutting still going on there? Any body have luck?

Heading out in the morning to see if I can fill a doe tag!
    Any luck mossman 500?

Comment

My buddy missed a shot on a buck out there last week. saturday is going to be windy unless you are hunting some thick bottoms. Im going to get out there sunday. The cold weather oughta do some good! Good luck

Comment

No....did see 6...two small bucks. I will be back out tomorrow.

Comment

I went for a quick wood duck hunt this morning. I was covered in birds but shot terribly. I couldn't hit the ground if I fell this morning. I saw lots of other vehicles but at every single truck I could see a hunter from the road. No one seems willing to walk in at all. I'm heading back out tomorrow for an evening hunt. I've located an intersection of 3 trails in an oak bottom that gets lots of doe traffic. I should have a good chance to fill the doe tag I drew. Saw lots of does during archery season but none close enough or in postition for a clear shot.

Comment

Got my doe today after dragging her a mile and a half I wish I was one of those guys hunting next to his truck! lol

Comment

Congrats on the doe!

I got skunked. First time at this stand location I have not seen deer. I think all of the weekend hunter trafic plus the full moon and clear night had them nocturnal. I need some good, cold, overcast nights and some free weekdays to hunt. Hopefully Thanksgiving week will be better.

Comment

Thats awsome,
                I have a question for you all who hunt this area. A buddy and I are going to give it a shot the first weekend in Dec. Do yall have any tips on areas to hunt and where to set up camp. Any advice would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowhunter31 View Post
                  Got my doe today after dragging her a mile and a half I wish I was one of those guys hunting next to his truck! lol
                  I carried/dragged my "H" doe about 1/2 a mile this past Friday night, so I know excatly waht you are saying!

Anyway, congrats on your doe!

Comment

I've carried a couple deer out of SHNF on my shoulders. Not fun. But sure is satisfying. I wish they wouldn't have put a gate on my favorite rd or I would probably still hunt back there.

Comment

I am heading back out there this weekend to get my buck.
                      Good luck to all of yall!
                      Maybe I will run in to a couple of yall out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X