Choosing your camo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing your camo

I’ve got to update my camo and wondering where and what patterns to choose from.

Do any of you use scentlok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the irregular patterns, like first lite, more than the realtree type stuff as I hunt different type brush. Honestly, deer do not care. I would go with quality stuff that offers shooters cut and not bulky.

Comment

....... People wear orange when they're hunting these things. You could literally dress like a circus clown and kill a deer.

I'd start with whatever you think is warmest in the Winter.

Comment

I buy whatever is on sale. Mix n match, woodland, real tree, timberland, digital. It dont really matter, does it? I wear a 3D leafy suit a lot. Don’t wear camouflage in a pop up or box blind.

Comment

What pattern did Fred Bear wear?

Hey that rhymes [emoji16]

Comment

Here's the best camo pattern I've found, lets me get away with the most movement trying to get a shot.

Designed by professional wildlife biologists, Bushlan Camo is the most effective concealment camouflage on the market, and for over 25 years, each item is tested and quality checked for our customers. Our philosophy is simple, Best Products, Best Price, Satisfaction Guaranteed. If you don’t disappear, send it back.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Thumper; 10-14-2018, 03:23 PM.

Comment

What ever is on sale and has a shirt front pocket

Comment

Wranglers and a black jacket when it’s cool. Hasn’t let me down yet
                Look at the “Camo” the young girl that shot the 10 pt in Sonora is wearing. Nuff said
                Last edited by sbushee; 10-14-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Blue shorts or brown work bibs.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

Blue is actually a color deer are able to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                      What pattern did Fred Bear wear?

Hey that rhymes [emoji16]
                      Attached Files

Comment

I’ve got to where I’m more worried about quality than anything. I loaded up on the Badlands sale a couple weeks ago. Can’t say their pattern is any better than some of the others, but it should last me a long time and the fit and finish is superb for bow hunting. Specifically the Rise set.

Disclaimer. I am a matcher. Don’t know what it is, it’s just a personal thing and it drives me nuts when stuff does not match. It’s part of my OCD and while I know it doesn’t matter, it just bothers me for whatever reason.

Comment

I bowhunt 100% out of stands so I like some grey in mine to blend in with the tree bark behind me, but that is hard to find. I also like bigger patterns as they don't tend to run together at a distance.

Camo is great, but sitting still and moving super-slowly when you do move, and playing the wind is far more important.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            I bowhunt 100% out of stands so I like some grey in mine to blend in with the tree bark behind me, but that is hard to find. I also like bigger patterns as they don't tend to run together at a distance.

Camo is great, but sitting still and moving super-slowly when you do move, and playing the wind is far more important.

Agreed. One of my new spots is kind of open up in the tree so I know I’ll need some camo. I’ve been looking at Kings Realtree Edge. It’s the closest to what I’m hunting now and into late season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                              Wranglers and a black jacket when it’s cool. Hasn’t let me down yet
                              Look at the “Camo” the young girl that shot the 10 pt in Sonora is wearing. Nuff said
                              Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              Blue is actually a color deer are able to see.
                              This is true. I recently read a study that blue jeans actually almost glow to deer.

Having said that, do you (OP) hunt out of blinds or tripods/treestands?

Comment

Working...
                              X