No announcement yet.

Let em walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once only because it was hot and raining. Could not have driven near him in the mud.
    Still regret it.

Comment

Smdh

Comment

Yes but not since I started shooting Rage broadheads.

[emoji12]

Comment

Only when it’s hotter than ****

Comment

Not because of a blood trail, but many times because it was too hot or I didn’t want to mess with cleaning it.

Comment

you mean that it wasn't worth shooting? I am in an antler restricted county and I have let a lot of them walk...let 'em grow; but as far as the temps of the day; if I think it is just too hot, then why waste the time going hunting? unless you just like sitting in the stand and looking at what shows up.... I've done it a lot of times with no intention of killing anything; just wanna see what is out there. I have cameras but there is nothing like looking at them with the naked eye!!
              Last edited by stickerpatch59; 10-13-2018, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                you mean that it wasn't worth shooting? I am in an antler restricted county and I have let a lot of them walk...let 'em grow; but as far as the temps of the day; if I think it is just too hot, then why waste the time going hunting? unless you just like sitting in the stand and looking at what shows up.... I've done it a lot of times with no intention of killing anything; just wanna see what is etout there. I have cameras but there is nothing like looking at them with the naked eye!!
                If I’m gonna go thru the trouble of showering and going to the stand, I’m not gonna be concerned about cleaning an animal. I’m gonna kill it and clean it. Not gonna pass a target animal if I’ve gone to the trouble of going hunting.

Comment

If it’s raining hard enough to wash away a blood trail then you should easily be able to trail a shot animal from its tracks left in the mud. We did so this week on a doe and it was easier than blood trailing believe it or not. And she was actually shot with a slick trick. Deer still have to eat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                    Have you ever let one walk because you didn't want to deal with a blood trail?
                    Nope. The blood trail is half the fun for me when bow hunting. Even if I see them fall, I still “blood trail” them before I walk up to them. I think it makes me a better tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                      If I’m gonna go thru the trouble of showering and going to the stand, I’m not gonna be concerned about cleaning an animal. I’m gonna kill it and clean it. Not gonna pass a target animal if I’ve gone to the trouble of going hunting.
                      I think we are on the same page here...i'm just saying that sometimes I really don't expect success.. but I only have to walk about 250 yds to my stand. I don't have to drive 250 miles. I really respect the guys that have that gitupango that do this every weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                        Have you ever let one walk because you didn't want to deal with a blood trail?
                        Yes, this past Thursday as a matter of fact.

Comment

Second best part of the hunt in my opinion

Comment

Yes. When I don’t feel like spending a couple of hours dragging one out in the dark. Usually know when that is so I leave stand early

Comment

I let it fly if, what I am specifically hunting comes out. I like others, enjoy trailing a shot animal.

Comment

Is this thread serious? Why in the world would you take a shot on an animal and not track it? Isn’t that illegal also? I would lose a lot of respect for a man if he is too lazy to track a wounded or killed animal. ...smh

Comment

Working...
                                X