shot execution help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shot execution help...

I have worked for many years trying to maintain good shooting form in terms of releasing a arrow with surprise. Currently my big struggle is after drawing and anchoring my bow as I try and loosen hand pressure and feel back tension pulling the peep sight slides up without the arrow firing. What is happening is my body is beginning to lean to the right and I am not standing straight up anymore. Drives me nuts, I will take the bow off of my anchor points and glance down at myself while at full draw and see that I am not standing straight anymore and have leaned to the right with my upper torso if that makes sense. I shoot a Stan shootoff 3 and when I sit down and try and sit straight my shot seems to stay better in form but when I stand and shoot is when I notice it the most in terms of breaking down.

Any words of wisdom or help

Don’t think, just point and shoot.

Comment

I had this same issue as I fire my release with back tension and pull hard through my shot. I found that by dropping my peep about an 1/8" I get a better sight picture and do not "pull" out of my peep.

Comment

Video urself shooting... from different angles. Be surprised what jumps out at you. I've done this many times when my groups/shots begin to go south.

Comment

Working...
        X