Why did my insurance go up!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another conversation for the record books.....

Client: Mmmmm yes I would like to know why my premiums went up. They went up $125 per month.
    Me: Standby... let me take a look
    Me: Sir... It appears that you have had 3 claims totaling $20k in the past 2 years and have a 241% loss ratio.
    Client: Well... yeah. I've had a stretch of bad luck but that doesn't explain why my premiums should increase.
    Me: Sir.... Your loss ratio is 241%. That means for every $1 you have paid us, we have paid out $241 in claims.
    Client: So.... that's what I pay you for.
    Client: So can I remove ***X from my coverage
    Me: Is your vehicle financed??
    Client: Yes
    Me: I would highly recommend that you do not remove those coverages. I would recommend that you contact your lienholder and see what requirements they have.
    Client: But I own the car.
    Me: Technically they own the car and you are paying them for it. Most lienholders have very specific parameters that have to be followed to protect their investment. Usually they require ***X and YYYY. If you look at your purchasing contract it should be very clear what they require.
    Client: So can you remove YYYY
    Me: Sir, I highly recommend you contact your lienholder to see what they require.
    Client: So can you remove ZZZZ
    Me: Sir, I highly recommend you have this coverage to better protect you.

(This is where the wheels fell off the bus!!!!)

Client: That is not true. That is an illegal statement. I sue insurance companies all day every day!!!!
    Me: Sir, that coverage is there to protect you in case of ....... I have merely recommended that you leave that in place. I will document our conversation and again; I would recommend you contact your lienholder before making any changes to your policy. Let me know if ............

He hung up the phone.....

u better than me!

Comment

I want to know why my rates never go down until I change companies even if I have 0 claims…….

Comment

I’m on the commercial side. How about...”Can I get symbol 1 for these 2 trucks only? But your DMV records show you have a fleet of 27? Nevermind the other 25, those are just yard dogs that don’t leave the property.”

Comment

Lol, gotta love it. I would love having those calls, I could do that all day long.

You should have asked if he had the title, then have him read who is under "Owner". LOL

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            I want to know why my rates never go down until I change companies even if I have 0 claims…….
            I second this statement.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              Read post #1 again

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                Read post #1 again
                Exactly

Comment

I don't think a 241% loss ratio means paying out $241 per $1 received in premiums...

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                    Read post #1 again
                    Bingo, too many people dont know how insurance works.

If you never want your rates to go up, self insure with the state and you're golden.

Comment

Please send me info to contact your office! With that kind of return for my investment I will retire tomorrow. I’ve been doing this insurance thing all wrong for years.

Comment

An attorney told you that he owned a car he was financing and a statement you made was illegal (as in violated a penal statute)? Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

Comment

Why did my previous insurance go up $125 a month after never having a claim in 9 years with them?

Needless to say, I have a new insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Why did my previous insurance go up $125 a month after never having a claim in 9 years with them?

Needless to say, I have a new insurance company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            100% guarantee it to will go up.

Comment

In my experience I change companies every year, but the next year they go up and I switch companies again. It's a never ending battle.

Comment

Working...
                              X