Cuddeback trail cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cuddeback trail cams

Anyone have issues with this cam taking hundreds of pictures of nothing?
    I put it out 2 days ago, came back today and it had 900 pictures of absolutely nothing...?

Not called Cuddecrap for nothing.
    But all cams are subject to doing that with heat, sun angle, blowing grass/weeds, etc moving in front of the cam. What did you have the camera mounted to? I have one on a bigger mesquite that is taking a lot of pics due to high winds we have had the past week. I also have one TC that will take more pics when the battery gets low for some reason. One loves to take pics on a sunny day of the feeder shadow as it tracks across with the movement of the sun.

Comment

I've run Cudde's for years now, and never have had that problem. What model is it, I know some have been more problematic? I use white flash only, so Cudde's are the best option for me, and take great quality pics. Call them, and they should replace it no problem, as long as it is still under warranty.

Comment

Cuddeback is now garbage!!!

6-8 years ago they were on the top of the field

Now I won't run one if it was free. And yes I have tried them all...and returned them all

Comment

Mine is brand new out of the package "long range".
          It's mounted on a cuddeback genius post mount (which is actually the only reason I bought the cuddeback camera so I could mount it on this post mount)

Comment

Some cameras when set on high sensitivity will be up a shadow or the sun will set it off. Lower the sensitivity and cut any tall grass/weeds in the camera view

Comment

Haven't had that happen with Cudde but had Moultrie m88 that would do that sometimes. Never did figure out exactly why. I've had dozens of game cams from at least 6 different brands over the last 15 yrs. Cuddeback has made the BEST and WORST of all of them. They should have quit when they made the capture... seemed to go down hill from there.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                Haven't had that happen with Cudde but had Moultrie m88 that would do that sometimes. Never did figure out exactly why. I've had dozens of game cams from at least 6 different brands over the last 15 yrs. Cuddeback has made the BEST and WORST of all of them. They should have quit when they made the capture... seemed to go down hill from there.
                Thats the one I had I believe and I loved it. One of the first ever models

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodajh View Post
                  Capture is my favorite--wish they would quit trying to make mega-mega pixel cameras and focus on shutter speed and reliability. I'd pay more for that. And, I just don't understand the mega-pixel fascination other than bragging rights and marketing. We aren't pro photographers trying to get our work published.

Comment

I ran Cuddebacks for awhile and got yired of numerous malfunctions. If your cameras are new, get a refund and invest in something better

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                      I ran Cuddebacks for awhile and got yired of numerous malfunctions. If your cameras are new, get a refund and invest in something better

What do you recommend?

Comment

I had same problem. Took it back

Comment

I have had better then usual luck with the Black outs. They do sometimes photograph the spirits of long dead animals that we have taken in the past though

Comment

Originally posted by barnag View Post
                            What do you recommend?
                            I have Reconyx cams...not a minutes problem. I have one that's used and its no different than the new ones I bought.

I know they are expensive, but worth it

Comment

I went to cudde back after Moltrie and haven't looked back but the only time I have had anything close to what your getting was high grass or a branch dipping into the frame in high winds.

Comment

Working...
                              X