How to catch the biggun'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justincorbell View Post
    big fish eat BIG baits, go find the biggest black power worm you can, then put it down and find a bigger one. Trust me!

Yup

Comment

Get a good stiff rod, 65 pound power pro braided line, 1/2oz or bigger tungsten weight, and plastic of choice on a trocar flipping hook. Punch that grass and hold on!

Comment

10 inch power worm or a frog. With all the grass, Frog would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Floating Lizards at night and hold on . To be perfectly sure I would need to come look the pond over and get a feel for it

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
            Get a good stiff rod, 65 pound power pro braided line, 1/2oz or bigger tungsten weight, and plastic of choice on a trocar flipping hook. Punch that grass and hold on!
            This is my thought as well. They have not taken any fish out. I am not sure what the plan is but I feel like some fish should be taken out by now because we only catch the fish that are a year or two old. Its been a while since I have caught one over 2.5 lbs and trust me, they are there. We see them in the spawn.

Comment

green watermelon seed soft plastic, free lined...thats what I have had best luck on in stock tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                green watermelon seed soft plastic, free lined...thats what I have had best luck on in stock tanks.
                Yes sir, that and weight less pumpkin seed zoom worms work great!

Comment

Try a big Zara Spook. Usually will bring them up out of deep water. Bigger bait for bigger bass.

Comment

Floridas are notorious for being picky eaters. Read somewhere that after you catch em once they will remember what you caught them on and never bite that again.
                    We did the same thing on our 7 acre pond, and they are tough to catch. Their patterns are always changing it seems.
                    Locate schools of baitfish and match the hatch like they say. Having said that your best option is to get braid, a large tungsten weight and punch the grass with a crawfish style bait, a large power worm, or even use a sexy frog on top. Or even try a wake-bait.

Comment

Trap nuisance birds that are not protected. Clip the feathers off the wings where it can't fly effectively. Tie a hook on its back to keep it weedless. Cast in deep water a few yards from shore and let it flutter in the water. Turn the GoPro on before you cast.

Comment

Black with blue flake big ole crawdad that's what I catch my biggest bass on day or night in my lake. And fish it like a crawdad swims

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
                          Is it possible the tank is over populated causing the fish not to grow.
                          My first thought as well. Black Salties are great largemouth bait. I am thinking overpopulated . Start taking out those skinny 14" fish. Either eat them or throw them to the birds.
                          Last edited by BrandonA; 04-25-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Magnum chug bug, 12" power worm or a buzz bait after dark.

Comment

Originally posted by SETXoutdoorsman View Post
                              This is my thought as well. They have not taken any fish out. I am not sure what the plan is but I feel like some fish should be taken out by now because we only catch the fish that are a year or two old. Its been a while since I have caught one over 2.5 lbs and trust me, they are there. We see them in the spawn.
                              The pond is overpopulated, and that's why you don't catch many big fish, because there isn't many big fish. On a small body of water, you have to pull out a bunch of those 12-14" fish for them to get big. My buddy had a pond like that. 3-4 years ago, we started keeping every 12-15" bass we caught. Now he has some bigguns.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                The pond is overpopulated, and that's why you don't catch many big fish, because there isn't many big fish. On a small body of water, you have to pull out a bunch of those 12-14" fish for them to get big. My buddy had a pond like that. 3-4 years ago, we started keeping every 12-15" bass we caught. Now he has some bigguns.
                                On our lake , which is 15 acres, I will start taking every 16" bass out beginning year 3. I am also going to add shad every year as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X