Grip Modify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grip Modify

I got a new recurve last week. Though it shot well after a little tuning, I didn't like the grip and knew I wouldn't shoot it much unless some changes were made....So out came the file! The grip was just too fat for me hand. I took some meat out the throats first, then worked down the palm swell. Next was the front of the riser, it was just crying for finger grooves!!!
    The file and sanding work done, I just need to buy clear matt finish to put a few coats on her.

While the file was still warm I put finger grooves in my backup Zona

After 4 coats of high gloss finish

So did it change how it shoots? Hand shock or vibration?

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      So did it change how it shoots? Hand shock or vibration?

It could possibly change how well I shoot it now that it fits my hand. But I haven't shot it yet lol

Comment

I just wondered how changing that much mass would affect the resonance, strength and maybe even balance of it.

Comment

Wow! Nice work! I hope that it shoots how you want now that it fits your hand better.

Comment

Nice... After I visited with Arvin the first time, I aint scared to put a file to anything.

Comment

Very Nice !!!!!

Rick

Comment

Saw that on bbh. Very nice!

Comment

WAY braver then I am. Looks good. I am curious as DRT said. Would removing that much meat change the way it handles shock, and strength?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                    WAY braver then I am. Looks good. I am curious as DRT said. Would removing that much meat change the way it handles shock, and strength?
                    I hadn't noticed no difference in hand shock with my other bow that I did this to.
                    I only draw to 26" but have had other folks shoot it without it breaking

Comment

Looks good!!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Weakest point will always be where the shelf is cut unless you DRASTICALLY reduce the grip.
                          Looks good!!!!!

Comment

Hey, it looks like a Dakota Hunter now! I wish you well with that. I absolutely do not need finger grooves. My problem is holding the bow loose enough to not torque it and having grooves makes me want to grab on too tightly.

Comment

I like it , good job.

Comment

Working...
                              X