Cerekoting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cerekoting

Anyone do their own cerakoting? Thinking I might take the plunge into doing some personal stuff and wondering if anyone has tips or tricks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I paid 300 for my cerakote job (full AR15) would be interested in seeing how yours turns out though. Good luck!

Comment

I plan on trying it and powder coating. Do you have a sandblasted yet?

Comment

Originally posted by flinger View Post
        I plan on trying it and powder coating. Do you have a sandblasted yet?
        I have access to a cabinet. My only cost is going to be the cerekote supplies.. and maybe a new hvlp spray gun.

Comment

I have a friend that does it and is really good. I want him to do some of mine but he lives to far away. Here is some of his work.
          Attached Files

Comment

You also need an oven to cure the cerakote in

Comment

Originally posted by CWendling View Post
              You also need an oven to cure the cerakote in
              Got that handled as well.

Comment

If you ever get into it check out Alvarez metal works on YouTube. He did a Tacoma company upgrade to a harbor freight 40 pound blast cabinet. I did the same thing just a little different than he did. The Tacoma upgrade kits are awesome. Call Mike at the Tacoma company his knowledge about blast guns and cabinets is well worth the conversation.

Comment

I do it quite regularly, this is just my personal that i played with yesterday. My tip is keep stuff clean get ALL oils out and KNOW your oven and its temps. If your going to be doing multiple coats and colors like this it is critical. Other than that is easy. Let me know if you habe questions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by KHoes203; 05-23-2017, 08:14 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Makes sure you check out who does it very well. I had a pistol and shotgun done be a guy on tbh and both guns wouldn't function after. Had to take to another gunsmith who had to remove some of the coating on both weapons so they would work. You live and learn.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
                      Makes sure you check out who does it very well. I had a pistol and shotgun done be a guy on tbh and both guns wouldn't function after. Had to take to another gunsmith who had to remove some of the coating on both weapons so they would work. You live and learn.
                      Im doing it.. and will be starting on cups and other "cheap" items before moving to a firearm. Might do a stripped lower I have in the safe.

For sure will be going slow.

Comment

Raider blue?

Comment

Originally posted by r_u_sharp_2 View Post
                          Im doing it.. and will be starting on cups and other "cheap" items before moving to a firearm. Might do a stripped lower I have in the safe.

For sure will be going slow.

I've got some Sniper Gray left over from a previous project that I had done. I would like to have one of my AR's done, just the upper and lower. If you want the practice later on I will mail the stuff to you, just let me know. I will take it all apart and pay shipping back and forth. *Unless the cerekote requires a hazmat fee then I will have to think on it.

Comment

Working...
                          X