TBH Challenge Coin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Challenge Coin?

While I love my TBH bumper stickers, shirts and hat I would definitely buy several challenge coins if they were offered in the store.

Just sayin'.

What is a challenge coin?

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
      What is a challenge coin?
      A challenge coin may be a small coin or medallion, bearing an organization’s insignia or emblem and carried by the organization’s members. Traditionally, they might be given to prove membership when challenged and to enhance morale.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
        While I love my TBH bumper stickers, shirts and hat I would definitely buy several challenge coins if they were offered in the store.

Just sayin'.
        It's pretty challenging to buy a coin that isn't there so you have that to fall back on!

Comment

I’d love one to use as a card protector when I’m playing poker.

Comment

How about a friendship bracelet?

Comment

I don’t need to carry anything else in my pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’d say no challenge coins but I have a skewed point of view. Challenge coins are given in the military for very big achievements - i.e. for being part of a very select unit (ranger battalion, SF unit, President’s 100, etc.) or performing some very great task (saving someone’s life in peace time, great physical achievement in a school, etc.

While sometimes the military challenge coins are given out rather “loosely”, most times they are very hard to get and they often mean more that many silly medals (I don’t consider all medals silly but some definitely are just bling). I know first responders have a similar tradition - mainly because so many of them have a military background.

It always bothers me seeing challenge coins you can buy - again, my point of view is skewed but I’d say respect the military and first responders by not doing this. If you want to sell a tie-tack, lapel pin, bracelet - sure, but not a challenge coin.
                Last edited by StrayDog; 05-04-2020, 11:34 AM.

Comment

I guess this is the next step after the secret handshake?

Comment

They could be like a collectible series that had different elite members screen name on the back. Or, a picture that commemorated classic threads from years passed; like a guy humping a dog, or a pile of pea gravel. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      They could be like a collectible series that had different elite members screen name on the back. Or, a picture that commemorated classic threads from years passed; like a guy humping a dog, or a pile of pea gravel. LOL
                      I’m in for a white Jeep one

Comment

Perhaps we need a commemorative medallion rather than a challenge coin. It could be a golf divot tool or the golf hat pin with magnetized ball mark.

Comment

Could these be revoked like a man card?

Comment

It needs to be small enough to fit in my 1960's penny loafers. LOL

Comment

Poor mods

Comment

Working...
                              X