Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-03-2018, 04:48 PM   #51
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
hopefully it scares the hell out of our enemies also.
It did. You just quoted part of the "problem"...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #52
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Ha ha! Nice!
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #53
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
ziiiiiiinnng
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-04-2018, 09:56 AM   #54
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
...and this morning I read that North Korea has opened back the phone line to talks with South Korea. So maybe his tweet jolted the little fat man.

I have no problem with his tweets....like mentioned above he would have no outlet otherwise to talk to the people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boh347 View Post
Well I guess something worked, looked like North Korea opened up talks with South Korea this morning. A first in over 2 years.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/0...south.amp.html
Quote:
Dang this is the first I have heard of this!
miket is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-06-2018, 09:04 PM   #55
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Atoka County, OK

I wish he would tone down social media rhetoric. It serves no useful purpose when he goes after individuals or undermines his own cabinet members. It just makes him look petty and childish.

If he could just keep his mouth shut/fingers still a little more often, the media have would have to cover more of his policy results. That would expose the Dems as having nothing to offer the country other than their Trump hate mongering.
ttechdallas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2018, 01:47 AM   #56
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
I wish he would tone down social media rhetoric. It serves no useful purpose when he goes after individuals or undermines his own cabinet members. It just makes him look petty and childish.

If he could just keep his mouth shut/fingers still a little more often, the media have would have to cover more of his policy results. That would expose the Dems as having nothing to offer the country other than their Trump hate mongering.
I disagree. He is exposing them perfectly. And THAT is exactly why he is doing what he is doing.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #57
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:

Sir, with all due respect the media has proven beyond any doubt they will never allow the dems failures to be exposed. That goes for the dems criminal, and treasonous activities as well
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #58
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
If he could just keep his mouth shut/fingers still a little more often, the media have would have to cover more of his policy results.
No they won't because its all positive results.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:40 PM   #59
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Sir, with all due respect the media has proven beyond any doubt they will never allow the dems failures to be exposed. That goes for the dems criminal, and treasonous activities as well
I could have stated better. Without Trump's idiotic social media banter, the media can't so easily ignore the result of Trump's policies - ISIS, markets, unemployment rate, etc. All he does is take his administration off message while providing fuel for the Democrats to make his behavior the story.

While some may like it when he sticks it in someone's eye - be it the media, Rocket Man or Lavar Bell, Rosie O or whoever, it does absolutely nothing to advance the Republican agenda. The reason his approval rating has gone down since the election isn't because of the media anyway. Nor the lack of knowledge of his policy achievements - the loss is from supporters who know all that. It is because he comes across as a buffoon with all these twitter rants.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:53 PM   #60
Brazos Hunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazos Co, Leon Co, and with God every time I go out.

To answer the original question of what do I think about Trump’s social media posts; I believe if I were in his shoes and not a single “news” channel would report what I say and what I am actually doing, I would do the same. Social media is the only place that he can get his message across without getting getting all muddied up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brazos Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-07-2018, 04:05 PM   #61
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I could have stated better. Without Trump's idiotic social media banter, the media can't so easily ignore the result of Trump's policies - ISIS, markets, unemployment rate, etc. All he does is take his administration off message while providing fuel for the Democrats to make his behavior the story.

While some may like it when he sticks it in someone's eye - be it the media, Rocket Man or Lavar Bell, Rosie O or whoever, it does absolutely nothing to advance the Republican agenda. The reason his approval rating has gone down since the election isn't because of the media anyway. Nor the lack of knowledge of his policy achievements - the loss is from supporters who know all that. It is because he comes across as a buffoon with all these twitter rants.
Well, if it takes a buffoon to get the results he is, then it's a buffoon I want in there.

Not to mention the entertainment value of all the MSM and democrats.
Old 01-07-2018, 05:42 PM   #62
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Just differences of opinion. Some think what he has got done is because of his behavior. Some think he could have got a lot more done if not for his behavior.
Old 01-07-2018, 06:22 PM   #63
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Just differences of opinion. Some think what he has got done is because of his behavior. Some think he could have got a lot more done if not for his behavior.
As I mentioned earlier in this thread, if you read Trumps books, this is simply Trump 101. A buffoon he is not.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #64
Man
Pope & Young

3~ people on this thread thought it was a stupid childish tweet. Since the tweet the North and South have talked for the first time in 2 years.

And today.. "South Korea Praises Trumps Tough Talk with North Korea"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...dent-says.html
Old 01-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #65
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Quote:
3~ people on this thread thought it was a stupid childish tweet. Since the tweet the North and South have talked for the first time in 2 years.

And today.. "South Korea Praises Trumps Tough Talk with North Korea"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...dent-says.html
Lmao I’d take an educated guess and say the sanctions probably had a bigger role in this then a tweet.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2018, 10:02 AM   #66
DSMCasey
Four Point

Hunt In: Rockwood, Tx

I don't like the social media stuff, but what he has done either directly or indirectly for my bank account has been great. Lower taxes and my stock investments post-Trump election have been great. I know he didn't "do" anything to help the stock market, but I think the general feeling of having a businessman in office has helped the stock market a ton.

Again, could do without the social media stuff though.
DSMCasey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-10-2018, 08:33 PM   #67
TD2000
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stephens County

He is making America great again. He knows how to get results. Glad he is not a politician, I am tired of all their BS

He is bringing manufacturing and companies back to US employees. Key #1. My industry and many others have all moved off shore, so many great jobs that supported families and great values.

Time will judge based on his leadership with US business interests, tax changes, immigration, American values, and make America Great Again its importance. Supporting families through welfare, unemployment, social welfare programs that keep people and families in the duldrums is not good for anyone.

Make your family proud. Get a job....... This is where it all starts.
TD2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top