Home Invasion discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Invasion discussion

The thread titled "Guy Takes Out THREE Home Invaders!" reminded me of this old podcast by Jared Reston.

Give it a listen, lots of key points to take with you. One of the things that I caught from this pod cast as well as the threaded listed above plus the post that Shane "Mexico" made is this...

Most pistol rounds don't stop a determined man. They may slow him down and will kill him but you better be prepared to fight for your life.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_FwUfFhFHs&t=41s"]P&S ModCast 16-1 The Unstoppable Jared Reston - YouTube[/ame]

Tagging to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pistol, you have to aim a pistol
      I have a double barrel sawed off shotgun by my bed

Comment

I feel for home protection a shotgun even loaded with heavy dove loads will seriously redirect someone's thought process.

I have nothing to back this up, just my opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

There was an episode of Best Defense where they tested shotgun ammo. If I remember correctly, even the #8 birdshot penetrated through and through the sheet metal and insulation on a regular refrigerator.

Comment

Check out some "terminal" shotgun load pics. For adult viewing only. Most of them was #4 loads. Pretty gruesome.

Comment

Wonder how the wall penetration of 00buckshot vs a smaller load is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll post the link here also, my best friend .... might as well be my brother survived such an attack with his 4 children, mother in law and wife at home.
                Note: 4 men entered his home all armed. He at the time with so many small children didn't own a gun. He fought for his families lives... 4 entered, 3 left. He had 3 holes in him when they did. When he tells the story it'll bring you to tears....

On a lighter note we now call him "Wild Bill"...

West Houston victim fought back, survived 3 bullets

Comment

Like I said on the other thread, that's a man's man. Show's what a determined man can do.

Comment

As mentioned above, I remember seeing the show the best defense and they suggested bird shot for inside the home. We have done penetration testing with all kinds of shotgun rounds at work (PD) and I have seen that most everything over penetrates. We even sent breaching rounds that are basically a disc of compressed powder that are used to blow door hinges and handles apart, and those rounds went through three sheetrock walls. For home defense I don't think you can beat bird shot backed up with some buck and a slug or two in a side saddle.

Comment

Just need someone to chime in with “I store my shotgun with an empty chamber so I can rack a shell in and scare them running.” Then we will have the 3 top shotgun myths on the first page.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                        Just need someone to chime in with “I store my shotgun with an empty chamber so I can rack a shell in and scare them running.” Then we will have the 3 top shotgun myths on the first page.
                        You can go outside and shoot it up in the air also.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgrizz27 View Post
                          Interesting, what's the other two?

Comment

tagged

Comment

At 39 seconds, he shoots a girl in the chest with a shotgun at 3 meters.
                              I wouldn't bet my family's life or mine on lead shot any smaller than #4.

My shells are hand loaded with tungsten spheres as they are more dense than lead and less malleable. 1st two shells are 0.125" spheres, followed by 2 with buck shot then a slug.

Comment

Working...
                              X