Hope for the best ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope for the best ...

Friends say 26-year-old Jemel Roberson, who was fatally shot by police while working as a security guard at Manny's Blue Room in Illinois, wanted to be a police officer himself.

Sad story for the young man and his Family. Will wait for the other side to say either way. Terrible situation for all involved.

Bad deal. Unless I’m missing something, that’s literally one sentence? It’s too bad that cops can’t thread the needle in a crowd and have a 100% hit rate.

Comment

If we just had a police force that was directed/controlled by the government and not local state,city and county crap like this wouldn't happen.

Sad deal all around. Prayers for the victim

Comment

At about 4 a.m., police responded to a call about several shots fired inside and outside Manny's Blue Room in the 2900 block of South Claire Boulevard.

Midlothian police said one of their officers -- who was called to assist Robbins police -- fatally shot bouncer Jemel Roberson after entering the bar and seeing him holding a gun.

Circumstances surrounding the shooting of the bouncer or the initial gunfire were immediately unclear. At least four people were shot including Roberson.

A 26-year-old bouncer at a Robbins night club was fatally shot by a Midlothian police officer early Sunday, authorities said.

I would imagine that before the cops entered Mannys Blues Bar, they told everybody to drop their guns.

How would the cops have known he was a security guard?

Looking the place up on google, it had some interesting reviews.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow.....just sad. Prayers for his family.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sad situation. What a mess. Prayers for the family.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

The good old shoot first and ask questions later approach. Gotta love the popo, keeping us safe, well unless they shoot you for trying to protect yourself....

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  The good old shoot first and ask questions later approach. Gotta love the popo, keeping us safe, well unless they shoot you for trying to protect yourself....

Yep, you gotta watch every one of those sneaky bastages.....they love killin innocent folks.....especially if they are otw.
                  Last edited by Traildust; 11-12-2018, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                    Yep, you gotta watch every one of those sneaky bastages.....they love killin innocent folks.....especially if the are otw.

Not up on my internet shorthand, what is otw?

Comment

"Other than white"

Even African American cops obide by this unwritten code

Comment

Armed security guards returned fire, the report said. One the guards -- Jemel Roberson, 26 -- apprehended the suspect outside, witnesses said. Roberson then requested help from Midlothian Police, the Cook County Sheriff's Office said.

A witness told the station that Roberson was holding the suspect on the ground when one of two responding officers fatally shot him.

"The security guard that got killed, he caught somebody and had his knee on him the whole time," said one witness cited by Fox 32. "Just waiting on the police to get there. I guess when the police got there, they probably thought he was one of the bad guys, cause he had his gun on the guy and they shot him."

Pretty sad set of circumstances. Jemel sounds like a great guy that had his life cut short way too early. RIP.

There were 20 other people shot in Chicago this weekend as well.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                          Armed security guards returned fire, the report said. One the guards -- Jemel Roberson, 26 -- apprehended the suspect outside, witnesses said. Roberson then requested help from Midlothian Police, the Cook County Sheriff's Office said.

A witness told the station that Roberson was holding the suspect on the ground when one of two responding officers fatally shot him.

"The security guard that got killed, he caught somebody and had his knee on him the whole time," said one witness cited by Fox 32. "Just waiting on the police to get there. I guess when the police got there, they probably thought he was one of the bad guys, cause he had his gun on the guy and they shot him."

Pretty sad set of circumstances. Jemel sounds like a great guy that had his life cut short way too early. RIP.

There were 20 other people shot in Chicago this weekend as well.
                          I'm sure the OP will be posting those stories shortly......

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            I'm sure the OP will be posting those stories shortly......
                            How many of those were shot by a cop while exercising their legal rights as a gun owner?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              How many of those were shot by a cop while exercising their legal rights as a gun owner?
                              Hey, we get it. You don't care much for cops

Maybe I missed the threads you started about the 43 officers that have been killed this year...........um, no I didn't

Comment

Working...
                              X