• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
    I wonder if the wife would buy this for me for christmas
    Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
    I thought the same thing!!
    She better get on the backorder list if you want it for Christmas. Tell her my number is (877)350-1818.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      Great question. Quite honestly, it would not be a very professional opinion if I gave one before I've actually held and used the FLIR. And that's not a cop-out. I'll honestly give you my comparison once I've used the FLIR.

I did hear some news......the PTS233's are going to be shipping sooner than later. Like real "sooner", but that's all I should say. The problem is, it's going to take FLIR another couple months to get through the initial pre-order backlog so it's going to be first come, first serve for awhile. Honestly, unless I'm wrong, I think you'll have to put a back order in with a dealer to get one before Christmas. I just don't think they are going to be sitting on the shelf right now due to supply/demand.

Let me get my hands on my first unit and I'll report back and give you some honest answers.

- Jason
      Thank you sir.

Comment

Looks like flir is shipping these out, should be able to review these by weeks end!

Comment

Well it looks like Christmas came early! Quick glance I'm super happy this thing is small about half the weight and size of my xsight so far so good will get to try it out tomorrow.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	24515498

Name:	IMG_6804.jpg
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	24515499

Comment

Originally posted by coachwhip View Post
            Well it looks like Christmas came early! Quick glance I'm super happy this thing is small about half the weight and size of my xsight so far so good will get to try it out tomorrow.
            [ATTACH]879524[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]879525[/ATTACH]
            Cool deal. Show us pics when you can.

Comment

... affordable is open to interpretation I see lol

Comment

I'm about to never purchase another flir product...been getting the run around for 2 months about getting my ps32 repaired, which is under warranty. I've been on the phone everyday this week with them. I've talked to so many people there it's insane, and no one is the right person.

Comment

First let me preface by saying I'm a beginner to the thermal/night vision game so pardon my review. I had 3 days to play with this scope my previous experience was with the ATN X-sight and I'm pleased with the product thus far. After opening the package i was surprised to find no owners manual/warranty documentation (that showed up today via email). I love the size and sighting in with 2 different rifles was a breeze I believe there is up to 3 profiles you can save. Fast forward to last night for a target rich environment below are a few pictures from deer with standard power, 2X, and 4X;

Name:	IMG012.jpeg
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	24517486

Name:	IMG013.jpeg
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	24517487

Name:	IMG016.jpeg
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	24517488
                  as you can see it becomes quite pixelated but the field of view and magnification fits my needs that i need for my rifle combination so I'm satisfied. I was able to close the deal on a hog about 9:45 at about 35 yards, thermal is so awesome, they have no clue your around but they are glowing like neon!

Name:	IMG014.jpeg
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	24517485

Name:	IMG_6860.JPG
Size:	278.9 KB
ID:	24517484
                  I was disappointed to find my recoil activated shooting failed to record the sequence, but part of that is my fault since a didn't know how to use standard recording. Battery life is great and startup time is about half of what my x-sight is, I also hope they offer some app that can be used as a remote from a smartphone. All in all I'm happy with the scope and know that Flir stands behind their product and are quick to respond with any issues I'v had so far.

Comment

Great review Coachwhip and thanks for all the pics. It looks like the PTS233 is serving you pretty well considering that last picture! There is now question, thermal is the game changer. I understand not everyone can afford it and I know a lot of people hear $1,899 to $2,199 and they think "affordable my rear!" I totally get that! But when similar quality optics were $3,000-$4,000 less than a year ago, it definitely opens the market up for a lot more people. I think we are seeing the new pricing of thermal settle in and I think 2018 will bring even more optics in the $2,500-$3,500 range. Hopefully one day we will see a high quality sub-$1,000 unit but I think we are several years from that happening.

If anyone is interested in one of these PTS233's send me a PM. My shipment should be coming in soon and I'm about to announce a TBH deal on them.

- Jason

Comment

Jason, have you been able to use this scope yet? I am still curious in your opinion on this scope vs the affordable Plulsar.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                        Jason, have you been able to use this scope yet? I am still curious in your opinion on this scope vs the affordable Plulsar.
                        I have not. From the best I can tell there are only a TINY amount of these scopes that have been shipped.....like maybe less than 15-20 Our very own Coachwhip got one of these prized scopes 2-3 weeks ago and that was the first and only confirmed shipment I've heard of. I spoke with FLIR on Monday and I was told my order should ship in....surprise....2 weeks.

So here I sit, as patiently as possible waiting. I am not seeing or hearing of any other dealers getting their shipments at all either. I only know of two dealers who got (what appear to be) very tiny shipments when Coachwhip got his.

I'll keep you informed, thanks for asking.

- Jason

Comment

Oh and if someone is ready to go ahead and pre-order and wait it out, I've got a TBH pre-order list going. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=669015

Comment

Following this. Interested to hear some feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can to use these in daylight?

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                                Can to use these in daylight?
                                Yes, absolutely.

Comment

Working...
                                X