Fur Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fur Sales

How many of you guys sold fur this year, and how did you make out?

For me the cats were down ($96 was the highest)

For Yotes ($92 and $86 were the highest)

Dang. Coyotes are that high now? Must not have much red in yours

Comment

Cats were only going for $125 for a really good one. $35 for coyotes on average. $45 for a good one. I've never seen more than $50 for a coyote. Y'all must have some amazing pelts down there.

Comment

It was bad this year I shipped mine and still came our to about $45 dollars a coyote. We didn’t have enough of a winter to get that thick hair.

Comment

I haven't trapped in forever.

How much would raccoons or possums bring? (I'm assuming not much)

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
            I haven't trapped in forever.

How much would raccoons or possums bring? (I'm assuming not much)
            Nobody buys opossums here. Raccoons were like $5 at the most here. I think I averaged $3. Although they might be worth more in Texas I don't know. After seeing the prices on this thread I'm thinking we had a bad year and y'all had a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
              Nobody buys opossums here. Raccoons were like $5 at the most here. I think I averaged $3. Although they might be worth more in Texas I don't know. After seeing the prices on this thread I'm thinking we had a bad year and y'all had a good year.

I kinda had a feeling they weren't bringing a lot. Years ago they brought enough I thought the raccoons were worth fooling with. Prices fell out and I stopped trapping. I enjoy doing it so I might get back into it to teach my son if nothing else.

I've got raccoons I need to trap at the lease whether they bring anything or not. They seem to really be growing in numbers the last couple of years.

Comment

havent trapped or sold any furs in years. i need to find time to get back into it and teach my boys.

Comment

Haven't sold any furs in a while, but yotes were not even worth skinning when I trapped.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Where do you sell furs around the Houston area?

Comment

I skin, flesh, Stretch/dry and ship them to NAFA (international auction)!

Comment

I've got 4 cats I still need to sell....was hoping to find a taxidermist that wanted them. All males. Guess I need to learn the whole skin, flesh, Stretch/dry thing.

Comment

$90 on Texas coyotes ???

Comment

The fur market has been crap ever since the Russian ruble fell sharply and the big bust by Chinese customs 3 years ago.

Since then Raccoons fell sharply with only the very best Top Lots bringing anything, for the most part they are a utility fur that accepts dyes very easy and sell at very low value now.

Coyotes have been our saving grace and what has kept the wild fur market moving, pales and select colors bring good money

Cats taken in Very late Dec to end of Jan bring the best money, extra pale and pale will bring top dollar with browns the lowest value lots.

Just to note, weather hot or cold does not have one single thing to do with fur production, length of days and light transmission is what drives fur growth on animals.

How you clean, flesh, and dry your furs will dictate a large portion of what kind of value they will bring at market. Uniformity in your lots will go a very long ways with buyers.

I have watched buyers turn down a lot of raccoons for no value, then 30 minutes later buy 300 from me because of the lots and uniformity of the pelts...sadly prices are bottomed out.
                              Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 05-31-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X