10 tips for getting sponsored in the archery industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 tips for getting sponsored in the archery industry

If you have ever been to an archery tournament or watched a hunting show on television you have surely noticed that sponsorship plays a big role.Whether it be logos on a tournament archer’s jersey or the closing credits of a television show it’s apparent that without sponsors what they do would not be possible.As a business owner in the archery industry we are always being asked to sponsor both individuals and groups.Something that always strikes me as odd is when I get an email from someone who wants to be sponsored but clearly has no idea what being sponsored means.Many times the email is just a simple “how-do I get sponsored”. With that in mind I have decided to put together a top 10 list of ideas that will shed some light on being sponsored and how it works.

To read the rest visit our blog at http://www.60xcustomstrings.com/blog...r-sponsorship/

Do we have any sponsored shooters or hunters here?

Comment

Originally posted by 60X Bowstrings View Post
      Do we have any sponsored shooters or hunters here?
      I am and really more just promote the products that I would us either way. Once I believe in someone's product and I feel like I could help set a positive image of that company I will contact them. I am not sure if you would call it a sponsorship or not lol. Some give discounts, some give free items but either way I would be using their product no matter what. I am a customer service consumer. If you treat me right I am as loyal as they come! If I shoot 60X strings and believe in them then I would ask you if I could help promote your product (because I am going to do it anyway!!) in return a discount or whatever you would see fit. Does that seem in line with what you were talking about in your blog?

Comment

Would love to get some sponsorships. Was actively goin after several a few years ago but life very busy with a baby and new house. Will start the process again. soon.

Comment

I am on the "pro staff" for a business. I don't really get much other than a slight discount on broadheads or small things. My job for it is simply to help answer sales questions. I don't live close, but I do my best to market for the company

Comment

I have had sponsors for 20 years. I didn't seek any till I had won multiple state championships in 3D.
            Sponsors want the most bang for their buck. I have twenty or so top 3 places in
            ASA and IBO including placing in 3 world championships.
            They are looking for exposure. I shot in an average of 15 national events per year for 15 years.
            It isn't about how good you think you are, but what have you won and how much product you will sell.
            Most full sponsorships will want a resume' followed by signing a contract that will specify what both parties can expect. This includes an out for the sponsor if you get a game violation or anything that will give them bad press.
            If you are looking for help, write a resume'. Then read it and ask your self if you really think that is what a sponsor wants to spend money on.
            One gentleman ask me to help get money to enter the pro class. My answer was, if you don't believe enough in yourself to pay for it, why should anyone else.

Comment

Working...
            X