Elk Hunters Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elk Hunters Question

How do you carry your arrows while elk hunting. On your bow or on a hip quiver? Or something different???

I have always used a hip quiver and in over 20+ years of using one elk hunting in CO and NM, I have only lost one arrow out of the quiver. I use a hip quiver made by a TX company, EW Bateman.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      I have always used a hip quiver and in over 20+ years of using one elk hunting in CO and NM, I have only lost one arrow out of the quiver. I use a hip quiver made by a TX company, EW Bateman.
      does the hip quiver get caught in the scrub brush or is it tucked out of the way? I have used the quiver on the bow and I just weave my bow through the brush and tangle.

Comment

Like I said I have used it repeatedly in CO and NM and it can be slid behind you on the belt and pretty much out of the way. I even used it in NZ where the brush is as bad as anything I have ever seen and did not have any problems. I just do not like a quiver on my bow while I am shooting.

Comment

I've been one & carried on my quiver.
          My plans are to carry again next month in Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
            Like I said I have used it repeatedly in CO and NM and it can be slid behind you on the belt and pretty much out of the way. I even used it in NZ where the brush is as bad as anything I have ever seen and did not have any problems. I just do not like a quiver on my bow while I am shooting.
            thanks. I think I want to get the quiver off my bow. I practice without it, hunt deer with it off, makes sense to get it off my bow.

I appreciate the input.

Comment

I really like the Bateman as the hood on the quiver is big enough to hold any head you want without having to worry about the blades hitting the side of the hood. It also has a strap up near the top of the quiver to help hold the arrows in the quiver and keep them from being popped out via brush.

Comment

I attach my Mathews T-3 to the side of my pack. I haven't had any issues with accessing arrows from it without taking the pack off, nor have I lost any yet.

Comment

bateman lives right down the road from me and we are buds. top quality stuff! has a nice shop and a bunch of tools and such!

Comment

I prefer a hip quiver for everything. Just my preference though. Like mudslinger said you can slide it behind you. The only problem with that I have found is when you kneel down on your haunches it can get in the way. I usually put mine on a bungee strap, I know pretty red neck but it allows easy on and off and its secure when its on.

Comment

Bow Quiver! They are as safe as your bow and you never have take your eye off your target to get an arrow.

Comment

I never take my eye off the target to get an arrow out of my hip quiver!

Comment

Working...
                        X