No announcement yet.

What is your favorite and biggest waste of money gear item

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to say the BIGGEST life saver on here and not even mentioned yet besides the Thermacell is my hunting safety harness....... The Biggest waste of my time and money I have come across is the bait attractants like PIG OUT and other stuff like it.

Comment

Biggest life saver? Underarmour cold gear shirt and long johns.

Biggest waste of money? My Motorola 2-way radios. They advertised 5 miles range, and in the mountains when I needed them they barely got 1/4 miles- and they were so dern complicated to program all the different features, they were almost impossible to use. And then when it was really quiet, they'd start to beep or buzz or blink.

Comment

Best investment-Double Bull Magnum Tripod chair. Went through three busters before I found this one.

Worst investment-any deer attractant. I've watch deer step over buck grub to get to a kernel of corn.

Comment

I'll add another vote for a thermacell. I have had hunts without them where i thought i was going to go insane. Those lil buggers will drive you MAD!

As far as worthless....i have had poor success with deer calls and lures.

Comment

Must have my thermacell and my Danner Boots

Comment

Worthless = all of the rechargeable flashlights,,,,,never found one that works for long periods of time without replacing the battery pack.

Comment

deer attractants are mostly worthless I do like the deer cane black magic powder though it seems to actually work some.

Comment

My rangefinder is a must and I couldn't imagine hunting without it anymore. I used to step off yardages from my tree early before the hunt and put rocks or sticks so I'd know. Wonder how much scent I laid down stompin around back then. LOL There are some great products out there and some not so much. Kind of half the fun IMO.

Comment

Scentlock apparel.

Comment

A good headlamp is gold, when trying to gut out a deer at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Coach W View Post
                        The thermacell is a life saver! Cant bow hunt without it! Face mask and bug suits are now obsolete!
                        does it keep the nats away too?

Comment

Probably best and worst... Protein Feed

Comment

Favorite - Thermacell

Waste - can't find waterproof gloves for duck hunting that I am happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                              None of y'all have mentioned THE CRUNCHER!!!
                              Hopefully... non of us were stupid enough to buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by D C View Post
                                scent control products is a must for myself.

I like to buy camo. I have a looooot of it and some of it Ill never wear but if I find a good deal on it ill get it.
                                I buy A LOT of camo as well. Most of it I don't "need," but if it is something that I will end up buying in the future and it is a good price then I buy it up.

Comment

Working...
                                X