Tomorrow!!! Good luck fellas!!

Comment

Cooler filled less than an hour apart

Comment

very nice speed goat, speedy indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
          Cooler filled less than an hour apart
          Dadgum, dadgum! Look at you! Congratulations!!

Comment

My son and a buddy of his hunted SNF today, he texted me said they saw about does between them but no bucks. Thier gonna try in the morning before heading home. Not sure what area there in.

Comment

I've never hunted Sabine before and have a camp on toledo. Would love to learn the place and hunt it. Wondering if I could get with someone sometime and show me the ropes of the place. Would be much appreciated.

Comment

ttt

Comment

I spotted some sign of a nice buck on SNF, I think the rubs indicate a 4 yr old +. Made a hunt yesterday evening and this morning til 10am. I was hunting a side ditch that headed up in the pines and comes down to a bigger creek bottom. I setup about 40 yds out of the pines.

Yesterday nothing showed, but heard squirrels up in the pines mad at something but nothing came down to the hardwoods,

This morning I was up the tree way before light. As Light barely started cracking, I heard a noise up in the pines for about three seconds and then a couple of sounds of something stepping. I thought something was going to come through, but it got quiet.

As it got a little lighter, a pack of coyotes startes cranking it up for a minute, across the county road.

About 30 minutes after light squirrels started raising cain up in the pines where I heard the pre-dawn noise, for about 5 minutes, but then all was quiet.

I tried some grunting but nothing came.

At about 8:30, a doe and fawn came across the edge of pines to where the side ditch comes out of the pines and they went up into the pines.

At about 9:25 am a fawn came across the side ditch just below me. It had a broke left front leg, at the ankle and was having to hop on the one front leg. Sad to see. I hope the coyotes don't get on her trail.

That was all that showed. I am going to have to figure a new angle on the buck. I think a climber on the edge of the pines right at dark might be the only way to catch him. Tricky rascal.
                  Last edited by buckmastertexas; 11-19-2014, 08:29 PM.

Comment

ttt anything new to report?

Comment

Six Mile Hunting Club (over 6000 acres) borders the Moore Plantation on the SE side of FS 114, and they have had problems with people slipping across their boundary. They are also throwing out corn along their boundary (against the law on Texas WMAs), and then shooting into their property. The Game Wardens have been notified, and they are patrolling the area along FS114 and Ricefield Road.

Comment

Yes, there is a Forest Ranger that patrols this area. He also pulls vehicles over on the State Highways and give them speeding tickets. He is a State Law Enforcement Officer, and has the authority.

Comment

Marshman, I do not have enough posts to answer your PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chick View Post
                            Marshman, I do not have enough posts to answer your PM.
                            sending you another pm!

Comment

Originally posted by Chick View Post
                              Six Mile Hunting Club (over 6000 acres) borders the Moore Plantation on the SE side of FS 114, and they have had problems with people slipping across their boundary. They are also throwing out corn along their boundary (against the law on Texas WMAs), and then shooting into their property. The Game Wardens have been notified, and they are patrolling the area along FS114 and Ricefield Road.
                              I have a couple of buds on that club

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                                I have a couple of buds on that club

What have you heard about it from them? Do they like it? Is it a goo club to be in with good people?

Comment

Working...
                                X