Schwacker anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwacker anyone?

I am using 2", 100gr schwackers. I use a 70# bow with beeman 340 bow hunter arrows (9.3 gpi x 28.5"). I shot a doe this weekend, about 75# in weight. Complete pass through, but the shot was quartering and only one rib was broken. She fell over within 15 yards, I am impressed. But I'm concerned that the 2" may not give adequate penetration on a hog or a shoulder of a large buck. I would hate to loose a monster buck due to a penetration issue. Has anyone used the 2" schwackers on big hogs??

they will penetrate good due to how they work. That head is designed to open inside the animal, giving you a great deal of penetration. I have no personal experience on big hogs but have seen several pigs die with that head.

Comment

This one only ran fifteen yrds or so 2" 100 grain swacker

Comment

if you put it in the right spot, there will never be an issue. thanks mr obviousman.

Comment

Swacker

Mine son shot a buck this weekend and it put a big hole thru it. I'm a believer int he broadhead.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments. I was debating switching to the 1-3/8" head, but I think I will stick with the 2". The one I shot the doe with looked like new, I'm sure it needs to be sharpened.

Comment

My friend shot a hog with a 2" 100 gr rage 2blade on Saturday. His bow is set at 65#. No issue. I've debated about using a 3-blade for bigger game myself.

Comment

There is a thread on here saying how sorry they are after a liver shot.

Comment

Originally posted by John316 View Post
                  Thanks for all of your comments. I was debating switching to the 1-3/8" head, but I think I will stick with the 2". The one I shot the doe with looked like new, I'm sure it needs to be sharpened.
                  I personally prefer the 1 3/8 version idk why I just do.

Comment

The 1-3/8 look a little tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                      they will penetrate good due to how they work. That head is designed to open inside the animal, giving you a great deal of penetration. I have no personal experience on big hogs but have seen several pigs die with that head.
                      My experience was the opposite. Poor penetration

Comment

Work great unless they hit shoulder blade.

HG

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post

There is a thread on here saying how sorry they are after a liver shot.
                          Might have missed the point of that thread.

I don't remember anyone saying that....

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
                            My experience was the opposite. Poor penetration
                            This was my experience, but it was a study of one. I'm going to shoot some more animals, then pass judgement.

Comment

Working...
                            X