85 gr or 100gr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

85 gr or 100gr

Let me tell you what I got and help me out.
    Bowtech assassin shooting at 70#
    Fmjs 400 spine cut at 28 inch.
    I was looking to order some slick tricks but I'm wondering if I should go 85s instead of 100s
    Easton says I should shooting 340 spines, so I'm a little underspined.

Will the 85s help me out on accuratcey? Or should I keep shooting 100s? It's only 15gr right?

15 grains is less than the weight of a dollar bill. I don't think you can shoot the difference.

Comment

At 28inches you will probably loose accuracy because of the loss of FOC going to 85's. Keep shooting the 100's and turn your poundage down a couple pounds.

Broadhead tuning really helps you determine how much.

Comment

Easton Axis 340 fmj tune it with a muzzy mx3 100, or a slick trick 100. If you like Rage, then tune it with a Rage 2 blade hypo 100 , the rage will fly apx . 2 " inches different than the the fixed at 25-30 yds with the bow you mentioned so know your rig . Good luck chief !

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          15 grains is less than the weight of a dollar bill. I don't think you can shoot the difference.

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
          At 28inches you will probably loose accuracy because of the loss of FOC going to 85's. Keep shooting the 100's and turn your poundage down a couple pounds.

Broadhead tuning really helps you determine how much.
          This^^^^

Comment

Really becomes a question of FOC like others have noted. I tried 85s for the first time last year and it changed my FOC from 13.1 to about 11. It is noticeable if you shoot a lot. You will gain speed and there will be minimal change in KE but now there will be less weight up front making the arrow a little more unstable. The farther forward the balance point of an arrow the less bending done at impact which will equal a more efficient arrow. Cheers!
            Fred

Comment

I had a similar incident. I was shooting an underspined arrow as well. To fix it, I had to decrease my draw weight a few pounds and shoot a heavier broadhead. Immediately my groups tightened and confidence regained!

Comment

Plus it is easier to play with other heads, 85's are not that avalaible in all makes.
                Coupled with an insert they also help foc. If you want more weight, there are weights you can add behind the insert.

Comment

Stick with the 100 grs IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X