Pic of a dragon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic of a dragon...

Dragonfly that is . Please tell me what I did good and what is not so good about this pic...
    Attached Files

good pic,, would have been better if you caught him in flight!

Comment

Cool pic

Comment

Cool pic.

Comment

Great Photo!

Did you use a Macro lens?

By the way, that's a Common Sanddragon (Progomphus obscurus). Found that on a Texas Dragonflies website.
          Last edited by ezypikns; 07-09-2018, 05:07 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

Thanks felllas...

No macro lens used. It just happened to land a few yards from where I was so I zoomed in on it a bit. I am just learning to use the camera and I was plesantly surprised with the result.

Comment

Cool poc

Comment

Great photo! Amazing to catch him completely still like that so you even see the web of structure in his wings. Also, the fact that his head his cocked adds interest, almost as if he is wondering what this thing is with a big round eye and why is it looking at him.

Comment

Focus and composition are great. Try as I might, I can't think of anything negative to say about it. Great image!

Comment

Cool pic

Comment

What lens, aperture and shutter speed, if its available. One of the issues I have with this type of shot is too open of aperture, causing parts of the subject to be in focus, and some out. I have an issue trying to keep shutter speed up, to keep movement down, and miss the focus depth. I think I said that tight.

That being said, still trying to get a dragonfly to hold still long enough to get a good shot.

Comment

Very cool

Comment

nice

Comment

Great shot! Great composition, you nailed the focus on the eyes!

Did you do any post processing to this one? The only thing I'd do, and that's just my personal taste, is bump up the contrast a bit to make it pop but either way its a great shot man!

Comment

Wow, how come it did not move an inch when you are about to capture that photo? You did a good job capturing a picture of your subject.

Comment

Working...
                              X