Gander reopens - think it will work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gander reopens - think it will work?

The Ft Worth location reopens tomorrow under the name "Gander Outdoors." As you may know, the company was purchased out of bankruptcy by Camping World/Good Sam Enterprises. From what I read, four stores will reopen in Texas. The Ft Worth store is in a good location, I just wonder how the business model will change to make them successful and competitive against Academy and Bass Pro/Cabela's.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    The Ft Worth location reopens tomorrow under the name "Gander Outdoors." As you may know, the company was purchased out of bankruptcy by Camping World/Good Sam Enterprises. From what I read, four stores will reopen in Texas. The Ft Worth store is in a good location, I just wonder how the business model will change to make them successful and competitive against Academy and Bass Pro/Cabela's.
    Marcus Lemonis knows what he is doing. I bet they do well.

Comment

If people have forgotten, the owner/CEO of Camping World has openly stated he does not want any Trump supporters to come into his stores.

May he will follow the way of D I C K S !

Comment

I would have changed the name and left Gander out. I think there are too many negative associations with the Gander.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          If people have forgotten, the owner/CEO of Camping World has openly stated he does not want any Trump supporters to come into his stores.

May he will follow the way of D I C K S !
          Actually said he didn't want KKK supporters in his stores.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            Yes. He didn't mention Trump in that interview.

He's a businessman, a smart one, he wouldn't be stupid enough to say that. It was fakenews 100%.

Comment

They probably have lots of "gander" merchandise left over that needs selling. They put their logo on everything and sold very little of other brands.

Even during their closeout sales, they couldnt give away all that "gander" stuff.

Re-open. Bump everything back to full price, and people will buy it again.

Comment

I remeber when the Tyler store was about to open, and me eagerly anticipating it. Didn't take long to snuff that out.......

I doubt I'll find a reason to visit.

Comment

Since I live only 6 mi away I'm hoping they set prices right to compete, really hate driving to academy or Cabelas. ALL these companies need to keep their politics out of their business.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    If they plan to carry guns that is a big mistake. Had a klan member neighbor growing up, he had his own range and an arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      I remeber when the Tyler store was about to open, and me eagerly anticipating it. Didn't take long to snuff that out.......

I doubt I'll find a reason to visit.
                      Felt the same way about the Corsicana store. Had first read about GM in the newspaper several years ago. I was surprised to hear or read when they were going to open stores in TX. Was questioning what they could offer that was different from Bass Pro and Cabelas.

In hindsight, maybe it was their ridiculously high prices on certain items.
                      Last edited by Worksalot; 05-11-2018, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I went into the Gander Mt store twice and both times the prices were way over the line on most everything.

Hope they make it work!

Comment

I thought we were supposed to boycott them.

I did like the variety of trapping supplies. I bought a beanie there once too.

Comment

No thanks.

Comment

Where are the other locations?

Comment

Working...
                              X