Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best broad head for Kansas giants

Hey fellow TBHer's in your experience what is the
    Best broad head to take down one of those Kansas brutes.
    I use 100grain thunderheads for Texas deer but it seems
    like all the people on those hunting shows use expandables.
    I have wonderful luck with the thunderheads and don't feel like
    changing...but I feel a good placed arrow will take down em down
    what y'all think

I would use a fixed head not sure on make thou

Comment

Remember, the guys and gals promoting products on hunting shows, are getting paid to do it.

I think the claim NAP makes is that more animals have been killed with Thunderheads than any other broad head. I've killed pigs, deer and an elk with them, and in my humble opinion if those are what you have confidence in, put in new, sharp blades and git 'r done.

Hunt hard, life's short.

Comment

you are fine with what yah got!

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
          you are fine with what yah got!
          Yup.....if you shoot them well stick to them.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys .....

Comment

You heard the man. Git'r done!!!!!

Comment

I'll take your LDP!!!

Comment

I hunted Kansas but didn't shoot a buck. Have killed several in north Texas and size is about the same. Shot all of those with quality fixed blades like slick trick magnums and montecs. Have shot two bucks in Iowa. One with a Montec and one with an ulmer mechanical. I don't care where a whitetail lives, if you put a decent broadhead in the chest it will die. I would have zero hesitation shooting a thunderhead!

Comment

It's all about shot placement! A field point through the heart will kill one! ( not legal so don't try). However I read an article one time that said don't pick a broadhead for when everything goes right but instead for when everything goes wrong! For that reason I pick a fixed blade.

Comment

Thunder head is a great head, go hunting and good luck!

Comment

If you want to get pass through a no matter what, I'd use a 100gr Ramcat with 125gr blades!! You can thank me later[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stay away from the front shoulder of a Ks buck! I'm still chasing one I shot in the shoulder last season. 18 yards 70lb nitrum turbo fixed blade xodus

Comment

G5 Montec 100 grain heads have never failed me. I have killed my share and have hurd or watched them fall. The one last year was shot with a bow set in the low 50's.

Comment

I can't recommend the QAD Exodus enough. If you believe that fixed blade has more overall upside than mechanical (I do) then go with what you are comfortable with, there are a lot of good fixed blades out there. If you have some time, do some internet research on the Exodus. You will not find anything but excellent reviews. Penetration, durability, flight, cutting diameter. It has the best combination of those 4 characteristics that I have been able to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X