Scope for 7mm-08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope for 7mm-08

Ok, bought a Ruger american in 7mm-08 for a truck gun. Now looking for optics.
    Thinking about a leupold VX1 in 3x9 or 2x7.

Remember I’m setting up an inexpensive truck gun. Not cheap. My nephew works at academy and with his discount I get get one of these for around $120

Any better options? Most shots will be 300 yards or less probably averaging 150-200 yds for the norm.

I like the classic streamlined look of these leupolds on the american. This is to be a true working gun so it will get knocked around. The leupolds have a lifetime warranty and are very clear.

2-7

Comment

I would definitely go with the VX1 in 3x9. That is a great price. I bought one on sale today at Academy for $150. From what I understand Leupold is getting rid of their VX1 and VX2 for the Freedom series scope.

Comment

Scope for 7mm-08

Originally posted by Rafter S View Post
        Ok, bought a Ruger american in 7mm-08 for a truck gun. Now looking for optics.
        Thinking about a leupold VX1 in 3x9 or 2x7.

Remember I’m setting up an inexpensive truck gun. Not cheap. My nephew works at academy and with his discount I get get one of these for around $120

Any better options? Most shots will be 300 yards or less probably averaging 150-200 yds for the norm.

I like the classic streamlined look of these leupolds on the american. This is to be a true working gun so it will get knocked around. The leupolds have a lifetime warranty and are very clear.

I always go for the higher magnification for the same or similar money. There are exceptions if it’s a weight issue or a certain game you are hunting. Wouldn’t want to take a 7x35 on a dangerous game hunt lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Black Ice; 05-23-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Ultralight 2-7

Comment

For a truck gun would run the 2-7. Plenty on the high end for precision work at 2-300 yards but still low enough for those quick shots right next to the truck on running animals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Go with a fixed 6x

Fewer moving parts, and the eye relief is always constant.

Leupold, Weaver and SWFA all offer a nice fixed 6x. I have a Leupold 6x on my lever gun, and a SWFA on my 300BLK. I dropped a pig and a coyote at 300+ a few weeks ago with the BLK. It's plenty of scope

Comment

I'd go 3-9, but you can't go wrong.

Comment

I've got a 4.5-14X40 Leupold on my 700 CDL in 7/08. I sure do like that magnification range. I've had several 3-9's and a 2-7 at one time on different rifles, but now I'm using a little higher magnification range and like it a lot better.

Comment

Nikon is also very good glass for the money.
                    Buckmasters are a hell of a lot of scope for $120-$140.
                    Same warranty.

Comment

I’d go vx1 3x9.. Dang good scope for the money

Comment

Working...
                      X