No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Jeff, GREAT step by step post, but.... that bacon is WAY under cooked!! Rule is, "you can't burn bacon!" far as I'm concerned... like it REAL crisp/burnt...

Comment

AC, this is one of the best threads yet. So much win. Bacon, mushrooms, beef, pork.... Outdoor cooking is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Hey Jeff, GREAT step by step post, but.... that bacon is WAY under cooked!! Rule is, "you can't burn bacon!" far as I'm concerned... like it REAL crisp/burnt...
        You and my wife have similar tastes. She likes her bacon super crispy too.
        Me, i like bacon to be firm, but not crunchy.

Comment

I have the 4 burner one man it makes good fajitas breakfast and burgers also did some chicken breast

Comment

I've been eyeballin' these all year. I need to make the jump.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post

I'm with ya Charlie, but the wife likes the soft fatty bacon so I've learned to compromise

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                I'm with ya Charlie, but the wife likes the soft fatty bacon so I've learned to compromise
                Tough to make good BLT's outta rubbery bacon...

Comment

I've had my Blackstone for a few years now and we really like it.

A couple of things that I have learned are:

The cover that you can buy (I bought one) will cause condensation and water will get onto the grill. If the grill is oily enough no problem but be aware. I don't use the cover anymore but I have a roof over the griddle.

The short handled spatulas that you can buy in a kit with the two squeeze bottles are worthless unless you don't mind burning yourself from the heat off of the griddle or by accidentally touching it. Get a long handled spatula and thank me later.

They make a grill that fits in place of the griddle that works great for those times that you want some grill marks on your pork chops or steaks. Does a good job.

Take some aluminum foil and add to the end of the grease channel so that the grease that goes through the hole into the trap will funnel into the grease trap. Sometimes the grease will want to run backwards under the grease channel and it makes a mess.

Go here and get a pair or four and you'll be glad you did. Work great on steaks, burgers and bacon when you want to mash the meat down or prevent the bacon from curling up. Get them hot on the griddle then put them on top of the meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post

Go here and get a pair or four and you'll be glad you did. Work great on steaks, burgers and bacon when you want to mash the meat down or prevent the bacon from curling up. Get them hot on the griddle then put them on top of the meat.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/home-...ss/1322259.uts
                    Never trust flat bacon...

Comment

Never trust flat bacon...
                      Bacon can't trust me

Comment

Anyone had any luck with the griddle plates off Amazon?

Seems like a way to add some functionality to the gas grill.
                        Might not be big enough to really support a major cooking effort but then again they don't cost $$$$ either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009N0Q2U..._t2_B00008GKDQ

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Phil View Post
                          Anyone had any luck with the griddle plates off Amazon?

Seems like a way to add some functionality to the gas grill.

Might not be big enough to really support a major cooking effort but then again they don't cost $$$$ either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009N0Q2U..._t2_B00008GKDQ

I have a perfectly good Weber I could make good use of with that if I decided to join the cool club. Plus it would give me a place to store it in between cooks

Comment

A little burgers, sausage and taters tonight
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1612.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	24505152

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1615.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	24505153