Good rescue dogs needing a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good rescue dogs needing a home

OK here we go again. You may recall that from time to time I post shelter dogs on here who are looking for a home. Lately I’ve been working with the local 72 hour hold facility (not a “shelter” – if they aren’t reclaimed by their owners in 72 hours they are euthanized with a heart stick). The summer season creates a big rush on the facility due to a combination of puppy season and “Hey let’s dump the family dog so we can go to Six Flags” season and since they only have 10 kennels the shelter is currently overcrowded. I have to try to get a couple out this weekend or they are going to euthanize on Monday or Tuesday. I have no way to know who is at risk so I thought I would just post the dogs that seem the most adoptable. All of them are current on wormer and shots, and if they aren’t spayed/neutered already I can help with that. I can also arrange transport to almost anywhere – Texas or otherwise. There is no real “cost” since I’ve vetted them out of my pocket, but I would appreciate a donation to the facility to go towards care for other dogs.

Mods if this is in the wrong place please move it, and I know these threads irritate some people and I apologize, but I’ve helped some TBH’ers hook up with some good dogs and I think I’ve placed at least 1 every time I’ve posted them, so…

Penny

Penny is a red heeler mix. She is very quiet and confused about what has happened to her people. She deserves someone to love her and provide her with a comfortable lap to lay in or just a yard to stretch her legs. Approximate DOB: 12-12-15

Stewie

Stewie was surrendered by his owners and is a sweet ,friendly boy who just wants to play and love on you. He is learning manners, and is crate trained and potty trained. He is possibly a lab/border collie mix. When Stewie was surrendered it was the closest I’ve come to hitting someone in a long time. Let’s just say the stories you hear about people surrendering a dog and asking for the $6 collar back are not exaggerated. I got attached to this little knot head and he has been fostered at my house for the last couple of months. I would love to see him have a little boy or girl of his own to play with. Approximate DOB – 1/20/16

Wyatt

Loveable male cur puppy. He is fine running loose in the yard - craves attention so he will stay close to his family. Approximate DOB: 3/27/16

Buster

Buster is shepherd mix and is a really great dog. He is potty trained, crate trained, and just plain well-behaved. He is a big boy – weighing in at almost 70 pounds. They took him to the facility that euthanizes while I was gone on vacation and I had to go get him off death row, so he is another that has been fostered in my home. He has stolen the heart of everyone that has met him so far! Buster has been neutered and is up to date on his shots – he is ready for his new home. The vet thinks he is about 4 years old, but I think he’s crazy and the dog plays like a 1 year old. Approximate DOB 8-18-12

Tye

Tye is Catahoula mix. He would appear to be a rough country dog but he is just a big ol’ loveable oaf. He may not seem like one of the more adoptable dogs at first sight but he is just so well behaved. Approximate DOB 8-19-16

Ralph

Ralph is my hard case. He doesn’t get much attention because he looks older than he is, but he is just a agood dang dog. He is a happy, neutered, mature hound mix of about 5-6 years just looking for soft spot to land. He is a beautiful brindle colored. If you have an open spot at your farm or yard he is the type of dog that needs a place were he can just be a kids dog and live out his years. Approximate DOB: 06/06/11

If you have any interest in these dogs at all please let me know and I can give more details. Also there are about 20 dogs in the system so if there is something else you have been looking for let me know that as well. Many times if I can find your dog in another rescue they will take one of ours.

Thank you for doing this I wish I could take them all.

Why don't you let us know how we can donate to help out.

Comment

Love my rescue dogs, have 3 of them, they fat and happy now, thumbs up for you trying to help them.

Comment

Good on you for doing this.

Comment

Good for you on helping them out

What rescue are they at?

Comment

Originally posted by BBBGP View Post
            Thank you for doing this I wish I could take them all.

Why don't you let us know how we can donate to help out.
            X 2 on where to donate.

Comment

At the moment the rescue is basically me. I have started my nonprofit paperwork but it is a pain in the butt to tell you the truth.

There are a couple of options for donating(greatly appreciates by the way). The dogs are in the Trinity County Animal Control so you can send a donation to the sheriff and just note on the memo it is for animal control. Alternatively we always need 50 pound bags of dog food, and if I can't place a couple of these dogs this weekend I will be moving them to the vet in Lufkin so yo could call the vet and donate to their boarding.

One last option is that the kennels really could use some food and water bowls.

Comment

Hope they all find permanent homes

Hump for them

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Bump for the pups

Comment

Bump!

Comment

Unfortunately I am going to have to put everything on hold. A bunch of dogs were euthanized this morning and I don't know which ones. The only two I know are safe are Stewie and Buster and that is because they are in my home.

I will update when I know more.

Comment

Sorry for the delay - things have been a little hectic around here.

Surprisingly almost all the dogs I posted made it out alive - except Tye. We lost a lot of dogs to someone's power trip but poor Tye will haunt me for a long time. He was "just a dog", but he was one of the most loveable, best behaved dogs I've ever been around.

Wyatt did make it out but he was rescued by someone who heard they were killing dogs. All of the rest are still available.

I am happy to answer any questions about any of the dogs, send you more pics, or anything else you might need to help you make a decision. I would make one change in my initial request - If you would like to adopt one of these pups I would ask that you make a donation of your choosing directly to a vet in Lufkin. I had to pull 3 other dogs to save their lives and they are currently being vetted and boarded there. I have been able to get them in a rescue in Colorado but they will of course have to be transported.

I have never stuck a person with a dog and I never will. If it doesn't work out I will make it easier than dropping them off at a shelter - I will pick them up from your front door. This has been a terrible week and I would love to find a couple of these dogs a home.

Comment

Man that is tough to read. I wish I could take them all. Thanks for what you do.

Comment

Working...
                              X