Show off your golf cart mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
    We are on a new lease trying to be as quiet as possible and sneak around. There's a few good deer that we are trying to slip in on. Ranger was just too loud.

Yep these electric carts are stealthy quiet. I've driven up on tons of critters since getting mine.

Unless I get on a really big lease, I can't see going back to gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Yep these electric carts are stealthy quiet. I've driven up on tons of critters since getting mine.

Unless I get on a really big lease, I can't see going back to gas.

I can't see it either. Our lease roads are not terrible, but they aren't smooth red dirt either. That's my only issue right now. Not as smooth of ride as I would like. I keep spilling my drink if polaris came out with an electric crew that would be my next go to. If not I'll keep the golf cart.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabela View Post
        I can't see it either. Our lease roads are not terrible, but they aren't smooth red dirt either. That's my only issue right now. Not as smooth of ride as I would like. I keep spilling my drink if polaris came out with an electric crew that would be my next go to. If not I'll keep the golf cart.
        If you haven't already drop the air pressure in your tires down to about 3-4 psi. Still won't be as smooth as a Ranger but it will help.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
          If you haven't already drop the air pressure in your tires down to about 3-4 psi. Still won't be as smooth as a Ranger but it will help.

Headed there this weekend with it. Plan on checking them and will adjust if needed. Should help a bit.

Comment

Where are y'all getting all your mods from?

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
              For the electric components upgrades I use EVdrives mostly. For the lift and other stuff I like to shop around on ebay because they are held accountable if they don't ship quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post

Ended up a little better deal on eBay. I ordered all my stuff from there. No tax and free shipping.

Comment

I bought a rigged out cart from Burleson outdoors. It is pretty tricked out to my selections down to the paint. I paid $4700. I'll try to get some pics up soon

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                    I bought a rigged out cart from Burleson outdoors. It is pretty tricked out to my selections down to the paint. I paid $4700. I'll try to get some pics up soon
                    Where are they out of? And they did ask the mods to it?

Comment

I'm having a hard time finding carts around here

Comment

Here's mine finished out. If you scroll back up you can see how I bought it from the dealer.

Comment

Here is my latest one. Its a 96 I rebuilt from the frame up. Custom paint, custom rear rack, Jakes 6" lift, knock-off eBay fender flares and headlights, stock wheels on Kenda Bearclaw 22" tires. All electronics are still stock, but they do OK to get me to and from the stand.

Comment

This thread is about to cost me some money. My Ranger is a great workhorse but it is not very quiet. Dang I knew I should have never clicked on this one......

Comment

Bowslayer, you're the golf cart Jedi!! love your work...want to hire you for a build...when I can afford to hire someone....after I can afford to buy one....dang...guess i'll be walking for a while!!

Seriously...amazing work...and knowledge!!

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                                Bowslayer, you're the golf cart Jedi!! love your work...want to hire you for a build...when I can afford to hire someone....after I can afford to buy one....dang...guess i'll be walking for a while!!

Seriously...amazing work...and knowledge!!
                                Ha, I'm no Jedi. Thanks for the compliments though. I just bought one to fix up a few years ago and it gave me something to do outside that I enjoyed. Since then I've lost count on how many I've done and I still enjoy it and still learn with every one. I just picked up another last week from a TBHer and started a build. Here's a before picture with all the golf related stuff stripped off. Hope to have it done in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X