Show off your golf cart mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
    Man I want one of these! My issue is this: Two of my stands are at the OPPOSITE side of my lease which is probably 1-1.5 miles round trip to and from. What kind of distance are you guys getting in a lifted 48v cart on fairly flat ground? I'm talking about something that has a stock motor, probably and upgraded controller and solenoid and cables, around 23" tires, and no more than a fold down seat and a bow rack to keep it light(er) weight.
    You should get well over 10 miles.

Comment

Man I want one of these! My issue is this: Two of my stands are at the OPPOSITE side of my lease which is probably 1-1.5 miles round trip to and from. What kind of distance are you guys getting in a lifted 48v cart on fairly flat ground? I'm talking about something that has a stock motor, probably and upgraded controller and solenoid and cables, around 23" tires, and no more than a fold down seat and a bow rack to keep it light(er) weight.
      Man, that shouldn't be a problem at all on flat ground. Plug her in at night and roll. Most carts can do 36 holes of golf and although not lifted no issues. My lifted 48v stretch goes miles without recharge--as does my 48v electric gator.

Comment

Tag

Comment

We hunt on 1100 acres and last weekend I hunted three days without a charge and not problem. I do not floor it every time I am in the cart and we "Creep" along so not to stir up the lease...but drop off 3-5 guys in different stand on opposite ends of 1100 AC...no problem.

Comment

I have a 48V club car lifted and all kinds of goodies installed. Normally in the summer I get around 20 miles on a full charge and in the really cold weather I get 12-15 miles. This is with 2 passengers, hauling feed and stuff etc. our lease is 70% flat and 30% hills.

I usually just plug it in between hunts and at night just to make sure I'm fully charged. It's best not to let the batteries drop below 50% charge on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryHoyt View Post
              We hunt on 1100 acres and last weekend I hunted three days without a charge and not problem. I do not floor it every time I am in the cart and we "Creep" along so not to stir up the lease...but drop off 3-5 guys in different stand on opposite ends of 1100 AC...no problem.

You are actually using it in the least efficient way like that. The slower your motor runs the higher the amperage.

Comment

Before

After

1984 club car

Comment

man I want one but the wife is worried about it tearing up real easy. how are yalls holding up? how much corn can you haul on it? and lastly do yall prefer gas or electric? our lease can get a little muddy at times so that plays a little role also.

Comment

I have a gas club car. I have abused the hell out of it and it is holding up great. I have put 350 lbs of corn on it with no problem. It handles most mud that my 4 wheeler can. I plan to upgrade to a ranger when this one is dead but I can't seem to kill it. The gas is pretty quiet and I don't worry about the batteries dying 1mile from camp.

Comment

Originally posted by fprice1124 View Post
                      I have a gas club car. I have abused the hell out of it and it is holding up great. I have put 350 lbs of corn on it with no problem. It handles most mud that my 4 wheeler can. I plan to upgrade to a ranger when this one is dead but I can't seem to kill it. The gas is pretty quiet and I don't worry about the batteries dying 1mile from camp.
                      I would think gas would have more benefits than electric is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
                        I would think gas would have more benefits than electric is that correct?
                        Depends on your needs. For a cart that I had to use on my lease I wouldn't trade 1 electric for 2 gas carts. No noise or smells with the electric. Unless you don't have a way to charge it at camp then you don't have much choice. I have gone all over 1500 acres and not run mine down before and it was rugged terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                          Depends on your needs. For a cart that I had to use on my lease I wouldn't trade 1 electric for 2 gas carts. No noise or smells with the electric. Unless you don't have a way to charge it at camp then you don't have much choice. I have gone all over 1500 acres and not run mine down before and it was rugged terrain.
                          Can you get about the same payload on a electric.

Comment

Originally posted by horns07 View Post
                            Can you get about the same payload on a electric.
                            They are the exact same frame and suspension. I had 12, 50 pound bags of corn on my electric.

Comment

Lifted it, changed out the tires/wheels, installed windshield, feeder and light kit. Will get better pics tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                                They are the exact same frame and suspension. I had 12, 50 pound bags of corn on my electric.
                                Wow that's good to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X