Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yakinthebox View Post
    That sucks! Have you drawn anything else?
    Nope. Nothing yet

Comment

This is my first time drawing this hunt and to top it off my father and older brother got drawn for the same dates Jan 5-7 so to say I'm pretty pumped is an understatement, but I need a lot of help I moved to West Virginia so scouting and knowing the area is my weak point. I have so may questions about this hunt, area, land layout, and what kind of vegetation is out there just to name a few. This is the first time in probably 20 years the three of us are deer hunting all together again so that's another reason why my mind maybe running crazy about this hunt. Any help would be Greatly Appreciated Thanks.

Comment

So I drew twice. Once on the 17-21 November Archery then December 15-17 Rifle. I am trying for a decent buck and/or a bull. Also if any TBHer are around I would like to get to know some of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cprothro View Post
          So I drew twice. Once on the 17-21 November Archery then December 15-17 Rifle. I am trying for a decent buck and/or a bull. Also if any TBHer are around I would like to get to know some of you.
          Ill be there for the 11/17 archery hunt. Will be my first time hunting there.

Comment

Pulling into Adolph Thomae park Dec 27th thru 31st. Campsite 5, look me up and we'll share a beer and some stories.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXOUTLAW View Post
              Pulling into Adolph Thomae park Dec 27th thru 31st. Campsite 5, look me up and we'll share a beer and some stories.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
              Me and my Brother will see you there.

I think we are going to get a camp site as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jakefromtx View Post
                Are you out there right now? I've heard that it's been pretty dry down there but I don't know if the Hurricane dumped any rain.
                I was out there this past Saturday and can confirm that it is extremely dry. If you're looking at Google maps for your scouting I can tell you that almost all of the spots that show water on maps are completely dry now.

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by popo1984 View Post
                  Me and my Brother will see you there.

I think we are going to get a camp site as well.

Just booked a room at Executive Inn for cheap. Map shows 20 minute drive to gate.

Comment

Just booked a room at Executive Inn for cheap. Map shows 20 minute drive to gate.
                    Make sure you take everything in the room with you. Not the best part of town, but it is close to LAWR.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                      Make sure you take everything in the room with you. Not the best part of town, but it is close to LAWR.
                      That's kinda what I was thinking. Never been down that way is it really that bad? Would it be better to stay in Los Fresnos.

Comment

That's kinda what I was thinking. Never been down that way is it really that bad? Would it be better to stay in Los Fresnos.
                        I stayed at the Exec Inn for the Shallow Sport tournament back in May. It was horrible!! No one was even there for me to check in, the room was the absolute worst I've ever experienced, and they told me they gave me the "best room with a SPA" it was a giant tub, with roaches in it. The only thing that I put in there was a fish cooler.

Look for whatever you're paying for that hotel room, stop. Call and cancel. How many in your hunting party? Just you? There are WAY BETTER options!! Arroyo City, 15 min, Laguna Vista - 17min, Port Isabel- 27min, Los Fresnos too. I can find you better housing than that place. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
                          I stayed at the Exec Inn for the Shallow Sport tournament back in May. It was horrible!! No one was even there for me to check in, the room was the absolute worst I've ever experienced, and they told me they gave me the "best room with a SPA" it was a giant tub, with roaches in it. The only thing that I put in there was a fish cooler.

Look for whatever you're paying for that hotel room, stop. Call and cancel. How many in your hunting party? Just you? There are WAY BETTER options!! Arroyo City, 15 min, Laguna Vista - 17min, Port Isabel- 27min, Los Fresnos too. I can find you better housing than that place. PM me.
                          I just looked at the reviews and you comments. I already canceled and rebooked at Los Fresnos Inn.

Comment

Does this hunt require hunters to wear blaze orange? Asking for a friend lol

Comment

Has anyone stayed at Port Isla Inn

Comment

I booked my stay at port isla. I'm hunting from the 24th-28th

Comment

Working...
                                X