Pop-Up Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop-Up Blind Build

My first pass at a pop-up blind platform build! I may turn it into a "regular" blind next season.
    Attached Files

Looks good!

Comment

Nice

Comment

I don't want you to endure the pain that I did last season and you've probably already thought of this but here ya go. I built almost the same blind and failed to cover the floor with carpet. Had a good buck at 15 yards and dragged my foot as I drew back. That sucker bucked and was gone for good. Roll up some carpet outside at the lease and get the smell out of it the staple it to the platform. Hope this helps!

Comment

Good call! Just need to find something cheap and effective. Should have kept the carpet from the house when we re-did the floors...

Comment

Originally posted by Rustythebeagle View Post
            Good call! Just need to find something cheap and effective. Should have kept the carpet from the house when we re-did the floors...
            Go get a rubber "horse stall" mat from tractor supply. I believe the 4'x8' sheets are on sale right now around $30-35 I think. It will kill the sound and last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by offthemap View Post
              Go get a rubber "horse stall" mat from tractor supply. I believe the 4'x8' sheets are on sale right now around $30-35 I think. It will kill the sound and last forever.
              Great idea!

Comment

Horse mat 100%, super quiet and last a life time. They are pretty heavy, fyi dragging that thing up the ladder.

Comment

Thanks! I'm sure its lighter than dragging that platform under the fence and into the woods!

Comment

I'm glad you drank a "cold pop" before tacking that assembly. (pic 4).
                    ;-)

Comment

You know it! Work weekends are brutal mid-summer in East Texas.

Comment

Great job! I'm about to build a similar platform for a Maverick blind.
                        What are the dimensions of platform?
                        Did you use all treated wood?
                        What kind of paint did you use? (I thought treated wood needed 60 days dry time before painting.)

Thanks.

Comment

that outta work

Comment

I picked up the Horse Stall mat and I think it will do the trick. I'll place the mat and double bull blind up in two weeks and take some pictures.

I used all treated wood since I own the small (50 acre) tract that it sits on and wanted it to last a while. I painted it with Valspar Duramax Exterior Paint. Dimensions are 6x6. (Double Bull Blind is 5X5)

Comment

Originally posted by Rustythebeagle View Post
                              I picked up the Horse Stall mat and I think it will do the trick. I'll place the mat and double bull blind up in two weeks and take some pictures.

I used all treated wood since I own the small (50 acre) tract that it sits on and wanted it to last a while. I painted it with Valspar Duramax Exterior Paint. Dimensions are 6x6. (Double Bull Blind is 5X5)
                              Well hopefully you'll get the opportunity to slay a giant! Good luck this season

Comment

Working...
                              X