Tried something new.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried something new.

Probably a little silly, but watching the rockets and got an idea for working on release and target panic. Shooting with the game on, and do some shots ignoring the whistles. Visualizing holding on hogs when they take off right when you thought the shot was there. After a few shots like that, practice having to release when the whistle blows. This time visualizing those moments you hold on an animal and you know the shot timing window is tight.
    Been putting them in the center, starting to wear it out. Short distances (5-7) but i figure any training and especially mental training is worth something.
    Attached Files

Nice!
    ✅Safety first!

Comment

I did that a few times
      Last time was when my target finally let an arrow pass through
      Wife never noticed the repair I made to front door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
        I did that a few times
        Last time was when my target finally let an arrow pass through
        Wife never noticed the repair I made to front door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        There may or may not be two patched holes behind those blankets on top... lol first time i got the block out was first time adjusting for height with my recurve. Never happened again haha.

Comment

Bows are outdoor toys, as my mother would say. What is inside the wall (pipes, wires) or on the other side of the wall? That drywall is not a good backstop.

What ever mental games work for you are a good practice aid. There are lots of things going on around us that we can use if we just put our imagination to work.

Comment

Working...
          X