Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The longest you leased or hunted the same property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The longest you leased or hunted the same property?

Hunted family land around 15 years.
    Hunted the same stand/spot and looked at the same trees for 5.

currently..28 years

Comment

45 years on the same property in Leon county. We lost it 2 years ago.

Comment

I have been hunting the same spot (Family land) for 35 years. The longest I have had a deer lease is 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by leon.cty.legend View Post
          Now that is impressive

Comment

Been on our family land since 2004.

Comment

Hunted the same lease in San Saba for 12 years. Lost it 3 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by leon.cty.legend View Post
                That sucks. My FIL has hunted the same place in Leon for 49 or 50 years and still going. I've been on it for the last 15.

Comment

30+ years for mulies north of Van Horn. They finally priced me out of it in 2010. I sure do miss that ranch though.

Comment

Been on the same lease and in the same location since 1999.

Comment

9 years was the longest.

Comment

Been hunting on my family land since I was able to sit in a blind with my grandpa. (30+ Years) The hunting is getting better and better each year and my grandpa would be proud that we have taken some great deer over the last few years.
                        He always told me "As long as it makes you happy, shoot it"!!
                        Last edited by Kenner97; 01-04-2018, 03:35 PM. Reason: Add

Comment

I've been hunting the same place since I was born. Started hunting by myself at about 7-8. I'm 47 now.

Comment

My grandfather leased our lease in the 50’s. Dad got on in 72 and I started in 93.

Comment

29 years. It was an awesome place in Llano. Lost it once the landowner died and his in-laws inherited it. Long story but the in-laws were money hungry, and had already lined up some big executives to take it. They didn't even offer us a chance to stay. What was ashamed was that we never mis-treated the place, took excellent care of it, and even helped the owner with their fence repairs, auto repairs, and whatever other help they ever needed. Year round, place to stay, covered with good deer, hogs, turkey, dove and quail. Phenominal fishing on the stock ponds. A dream lease that I've not been able to find anything like it since.

Comment

Working...
                              X