Heaviest Doe Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heaviest Doe Contest

I got to thinking that it might be fun to do a little Doe only contest for October. I say Doe only because I like to get me one or two at the beginning of season so I can focus on getting a good buck the rest of the time (and hunting with my kids). Plus the fresh meat is a bonus for the trips to the lease the rest of the year.

Rules can be simple. All you have to do is post a picture of yourself with the deer hanging from the scale. Also let’s add a short story about the kill and list what county it was taken in.

Bragging rights only unless someone wants to pony up a prize or two.

Better set up area's or states, the Tx deer dont have a chance against a young midwestern doe.

Comment

need to specify dressed or live weight!

Comment

Let’s go with a Texas deer category and an Out of State category. Let’s not worry about breaking it up by region of the state and all, unless everyone wants to.
        I game and open to suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerous dan View Post
          need to specify dressed or live weight!
          What does everyone want to do I say dressed weight.

Comment

On the hoof.. It is easier to throw it on the scale that way before trying to process and get it in the ice chest.. JMO

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by topwater blowup View Post
              On the hoof.. It is easier to throw it on the scale that way before trying to process and get it in the ice chest.. JMO

Thanks
              x2

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Thumper View Post
                Better set up area's or states, the Tx deer dont have a chance against a young midwestern doe.
                Now why did you have to go and ruin it. I was gonna shoot one of those little ole Kansas does.

Comment

I'm in! sound fun........We do it every year, but we measure their hear "Long Head Award"

Comment

I am in for Texas does and live weight.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderbowhunter View Post
                      x2
                      x3

Comment

i say we do two categories one live weight and one field dressed cause i dont see any public land guys and gals leaving the guts in and dragging them two miles out of the woods

Comment

better be a state category for sure. I killed a 180 lb doe in iowa last yr

Comment

Ok lets do it.

Texas doe and out of state doe. Field dressed or live weight it doesn't matter we can have two categories. I'll keep up with the thread and separate the results.

Comment

Working...
                            X