No announcement yet.

Going Live from McAlester Ammunition Plant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow afternoon again at new spot. Baked in the sun like a thanksgiving turkey, and only saw one buck. He cut into the timber up the fire brake I'm hunting about 45 yards away. Big bodied deer but didn't have much for horns. Get back at em early in the morning.

Comment

Good luck. Hope tomorrow is better for you

Comment

Originally posted by chackworth3 View Post
        Good luck. Hope tomorrow is better for you

Thanks, sir hope so.
        15 deer total checked in today. One really nice 10pt (Heard the guy say scored 137). Really figured more would have been brought in today.

Comment

Keep after 'em Shiloh!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by MedicineMan7 View Post
            Thanks, sir hope so.
            15 deer total checked in today. One really nice 10pt (Heard the guy say scored 137). Really figured more would have been brought in today.
            Not a bad start

Guess they don't allow pics of deer killed either?

Good luck in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
              Not a bad start

Good luck in the morning
              They use to post pics of all the bigger bucks taken on their website but it hasn't been updated since last year. Shiloh have they said anything about their website and if they are going to use it anymore? It was nice to see the deer taken there every year.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Not a bad start

Good luck in the morning
                As long as you take the pics back at camp area, yes pictures are allowed. Didn't get a chance to snap any last night as the guy was walking away with head and cape when I saw it.

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                They use to post pics of all the bigger bucks taken on their website but it hasn't been updated since last year. Shiloh have they said anything about their website and if they are going to use it anymore? It was nice to see the deer taken there every year.

They haven't mentioned anything about it, but my guess is it has something to do with the fact that very few deer have been killed this season thus far, so no pics to post. Two p&y bucks were taken last weekend, then one so far this weekend so maybe they will update it now.

We are back in the saddle again. Talked to the whitehats as we were leaving last night, and after our morning sit we are going to relocate a few miles from where we are now and hopefully Have a little better luck.

Comment

Just rattled in a pretty nice 6pt. Came in straight under me from south then turned and started down the fire brake to head east so I grunted to stop him as I drew. Got about half way back and he turned and went back into timber. Never looked up towards me or acted like he seen me so I don't know, may have possibly caught my wind but didn't really blow out spooked.
                  Might shoulda grunted with my mouth instead of my butt cheeks [emoji16]

Comment

Deer number 2 just came by. Year old 4 pt came out an walked right under me as he worked his way down the fire break. Drag woulda been a lil too far since we are pulling outa here in an hour or so and moving. He got lucky this time!

Comment

Keep after them. For me hunting there it seems I always start to figure them out on the last day of the hunt. Hopefully your new spot will be better this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn chaser View Post
                        Keep after them. For me hunting there it seems I always start to figure them out on the last day of the hunt. Hopefully your new spot will be better this evening.

Yep that's the way it always seems to work out. I've only been lucky enough once to get a good spot from star to finish and not have to make any adjustments.

New ground looks promising. Saw a young buck cruising about 100yards out an hour or so ago. In an area that really should be better closer to dark

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Well, the last round is upon us! We get to hunt this morning and have to have stands pulled and be back at our vehicles by noon so we shall see how it goes!
                            Only 12 deer killed yesterday. Don't know if anything big was taken or not.
                            Really hoping for a day early birthday gift this morning! We shall see.

Comment

Good luck brother happy birthday

Comment

Good luck!
                                Hope you get that birthday buck!

Comment

Working...
                                X