• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

all depends on age, strength, age of bow

I have mine on 70 and its easy pulling standing or sitting

Comment

Mine is set at 63#, but that just happened to be the factory setting and I like it. It has passed through everything that I have ever shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
          Can you draw it bundled up, sitting down, after 3 hrs. of being in the stand when its 20 degrees? If not its set to heavy for my taste!
          Correct ! Big difference when sitting, cold and bundled, especially if you're over 55. If you don't believe it, draw your bow (after the hunt ) under these conditions.

Comment

I shoot 65lbs. I can easily shoot 74lbs(maxed out) but don't see the point. I've never had any problems with pass throughs shooting 65lbs.

Comment

64 is what my bow and arrow likes. I've never been concerned about how it performs it kills and groups better then my skill

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                Can you draw it bundled up, sitting down, after 3 hrs. of being in the stand when its 20 degrees? If not its set to heavy for my taste!
                and hold it for a minute or two for the right opportunity?
                60 lbs. here

Comment

Was 68 now 64

Comment

71 maxed out. People always argue with me that its not necessary but when I tell them that I can send a 420 grain arrow completely through a boar hog with an 1 3/8 grim reaper broad head attached to it they quiet down. However If I was just shooting Deer than I would not see the need in most cases.

As stated already, shoot whatever is comfortable for you.
                    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 11-12-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

I like 66# because I can draw and hold my bow longer and I can also extend my practice sessions. I'm of the belief that one should shoot whatever poundage they can easily draw, hold, and execute a perfect shot. I have yet to hear a compelling reason one would need anything heavier than 65# for anything in North America.

Comment

55 will kill nearly everything on the planet

Comment

When I first started bowhunting, I shot 70lbs. I can shoot all day at 70, and I've got a strong back. Over the years I've lowered it down to 60. I don't hunt anything bigger than whitetail and pigs, so I don't NEED the added poundage, and while I can shoot 70 all day long, 60 is just so much more comfortable and effortless.

Comment

68-71 depending on which of my bows I'm shooting

Comment

70 pounds. I like it I draw 60 as good as 70 so why not. But I also shoot everyday. Whatever works for you

Comment

70#'s I like to max my limbs out

Comment

Working...
                                X