Broadheads @ 400fps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadheads @ 400fps

I just bought a crossbow that is rated for 415 fps. What broadheads are y’all using that fly good at those speeds?
    Thanks.

There are several Shaun. You can always order a package of #6 dental bands to put over the heads if they are the "bandless" ones. I've seen great reports from the Rage fans, Grim Reaper Xbow, Nap Kill Zone CB, Thorn and more.

I'm shooting Grim Reaper Xbow 125gr in both my x-bows. You can get them in a 150gr head if you want more FOC. One xbow is rated at 360. But shoots 330 fps through my crono. My other xbow is a Ravin R29X. And my bolts total weight 440gr with a 125 head and the lighted nock. I may go to the 150gr head just for kicks and see if accuracy improve any beyond 80 yards. And just to see what it will do at 100+ yards for paper with my JackPlate. Wind shouldn't be as much of a problem with a 465gr bolt. Pigs ain't gonna like em either.

I've also got a free package of the Nap Kill Zone X-bow heads that I may try.

Comment

Haven’t tried them yet, but bought some Muzzy Trocar 100gr fixed blade broad heads. They are on sale at Bass Pro.

Hurricane dependent, I’ll be hunting Tuesday evening behind the house seeing if I can shoot a pig.

Comment

Working...
      X