Clerke 1st - 22 lr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clerke 1st - 22 lr

I recently acquired this little revolver. Anybody have one or know anything about it? Google wasn’t too promising, and, FWIW, it didn’t cost me anything.

It's MAYBE worth a whopping $100 to the guy that HAS to have it...

Comment

If you didn't pay anything for it, you still overpaid. I joke. I remember them from the 1970s and they were considered one of the famous "Saturday Night Specials". I remember guys that ran traplines that liked them because if they were lost or damaged, no big deal. I haven't seen one in many, many years, and would be surprised if they are still being made.

My own personal experience with Clerke revolvers? Several years ago, I was visiting with a local gun store owner one evening when a guy suddenly walked into the store. He seemed very surprised to see me, and immediately said he had to visit the bathroom. Something about this guy gave me a very bad feeling, and I asked the gun store owner if I could see his Hi-Power (Browning). The owner gave me an odd look, but took the pistol from his holster and handed it to me. I advised the owner that he should arm himself, and I took a cover position on the bathroom door. I then racked the slide on the pistol and a live round was ejected and bounced off of the floor - loudly.

After a few seconds, the customer started yelling that he was coming out of the bathroom, and that he didn't want any trouble. The customer came out of the bathroom with empty, raised hands, and a nervous smile on his face. He walked straight out of the door, and that was the last I ever saw of him. When the store owner and I looked in the bathroom, I found the loaded Clerke revolver hidden under the trashcan.

I'll never know for sure, but I suspect that the customer planned to rob, and maybe kill the store owner. My presence was unexpected, and threw him off, and then knowing both of us were armed changed his plans. The store owner didn't want to call the police, and he offered me the Clerke - which I refused. Guess who got great deals and discounts at that gun store?

Regards,

Dave

Comment

picked up a few of those from the street trash i took to jail years ago, a true saturday night special it is.... sometimes they would even fire

Comment

Working...
        X